a mod that adds things i guess

@blueberrys

i tried fixing it, then i procrastinated a bit and then forgot what i did and now the game keeps crashing everytime i try to play one of my saves and i can't find anything in the log i think and everythHING IS BROKEN OMG 

the error is contagous

log:

attachicon.giflog.txt

mod:

attachicon.gifdream baby cat thing.zip

I found this:

ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on MinimapFG. glGetError returned 0x505

@The Noon Fish, in your log.txt:

error loading module 'stategraphs/SGbaby' from file '..\mods\babything\scripts\stategraphs/SGbaby.lua':..\mods\babything\scripts\stategraphs/SGbaby.lua:123: ')' expected near 'end'

Notice the part " 123: ')' expected near 'end' " ? That's the part you're looking for. It tells you that you're missing a ) symbol somewhere before "end" on line 123.

You've missed it somewhere above, check again. Computers don't make mistakes unless you (accidentally) tell them to.

Try again and search for it thoroughly at least once or twice, and if you still can't find it, I'll have a look.

@The Noon Fish, an easier way to use the mention feature, just select a portion of someone's post and click the "mention" button. It's much faster and simpler that way.

Alternately, you could just not use it if you prefer, someone will (probably) see your post eventually.

In your code, SGbaby line 124 and 125:

TimeEvent(5*FRAMES, PlayFootstep (inst) end),

That random "end" isn't being started anywhere by a function or if statement. That's why it's looking for a (supposedly missing) bracket.

You need to actually declare the function before it ends, haha.

"PlayFootstep" in this case is not a function. It hasn't been declared before. Even if it was, you'd simply write "PlayFootstep" and not the parameter ( "(inst)" part) or the "end".

Try it like this, a generic, nameless function:

TimeEvent(5*FRAMES, function(inst) end), 

@The Noon Fish, I highly recommend you read more on lua functions and tables.

Lua manual

Lua tutorial point

Lua tutorial for beginners

Lua wiki

Google

If you aren't sure which one to read, I'd recommend "Lua tutorial for beginners" as it explains in quite simple terms.

The problem, as stated by your error message, is that you're trying to call a "table" variable.

Tables can not be called.

Tables can be referenced to find values stored in them.

Functions can be called.

Functions (generally) do a set of commands when called.

Archived