Character Modding Onattack effects.

KingWyrm

I need assistance. Im trying to make a berserker type character that basically gains sanity and health when attacking/murdering things. I wanted to make it that whenever she hit something(anything combat related) she gains about 5 health and 3 sanity. but it only works on axes. how would I code that?

Actually, I need help with the whole coding thing. I Kind of get the gist of lua but when Im trying to code for night vision when a certain health, attack bonuses for specifc weapons. I try to test it out but DS keep crashing. someone please show me what I'm doing wrong.

I've attach the file as a whole if needed but i think im worried that

I maybe using the wrong function. like here. for toggling night vision.

local function health(inst, data)		if inst.components.health.current <= 100 then					inst.light:Enable(false)						inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 0.8)			inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.0)								if inst.components.health.current > 100 then						inst.light:Enable(true)			inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.5)			inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 2.0)		end			--night vision	local light = inst.entity:AddLight()	inst.Light:Enable(false)	inst.Light:SetRadius(6)	inst.Light:SetFalloff(0.50)	inst.Light:SetIntensity(.6)	inst.Light:SetColour(235/255,12/255,12/255)		inst:ListenForEvent( "dusktime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())    inst:ListenForEvent( "daytime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())    inst:ListenForEvent( "nighttime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())	updatestats(inst)	 

Kite-the Berserker.zip

There, I restructured it. You need to call the function tryVision at some point, for example in a ListenForEvent.

local function tryVision(inst, data)	if inst.components.health.current <= 100 then			inst.light:Enable(false)				inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 0.8)		inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.0)					elseif inst.components.health.current > 100 then	        if not inst.Light then		                            inst.entity:AddLight()                end                inst.Light:SetRadius(6)                inst.Light:SetFalloff(0.50)                inst.Light:SetIntensity(.6)                inst.Light:SetColour(235/255,12/255,12/255)	        inst.light:Enable(true)                inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.5)		inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 2.0)	endend	--these do not belong here, put them in the characters main 'fn'    inst:ListenForEvent( "dusktime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())    inst:ListenForEvent( "daytime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())    inst:ListenForEvent( "nighttime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())	updatestats(inst)	 

thanks alot. I thought you have to call in for a global light or something to that effect. then again im looking at different character mods that are probably out dated.the tutorials here are really nice but I feel like I can do better with them if I actually know what im looking for as far a code is concern. Hopefully, the classes I take will help.

Also, would you be so kind as to head me in the right direction for the on hit healing effects. I Think it should be code to look for the axe and apply. the Onequip maybe, or should I use something from the combat component. I honestly dont know where to start.

--these do not belong here, put them in the characters main 'fn'     inst:ListenForEvent( "dusktime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())inst:ListenForEvent( "daytime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())     inst:ListenForEvent( "nighttime", function() updatestats(inst) end , GetWorld())     updatestats(inst)       

where exactly does this go? In another file or as i seen in other files in the master_postinit

Archived