Account creation / stuck Logging screen

Hi there, I recently bought Don't Starve Together for a friend and she is currently have problems logging in.

What she did - She claims that when she first launched the game, everything went smoothly, she clicked play and the window popping up asking her to create an account showed, so she clicked on "Create account", now this is where things got a bit weird, she was in the middle of entering details when all of a sudden her laptop froze, so she had to manually restart the computer. After this she loaded up the game again and now whenever she clicks "Play" it just ends up showing "Logging in.." for about 30 seconds followed by a window explaining that she cannot connect to klie servers and that her only option is to play offline.

Is there any possible way for her to get back to the account creation screen because my guess is that it has something to do with this.

• Developer

I'm sorry about the interruption, everything should be working correctly now.  If you continue to have account registration or log-in issues please let me know.

The Steam service we use to authenticate users went down last night for ~3 hours.   We are investigating alternatives for when this happens again, we will do everything in our power to limit downtime.

Archived