Heat Signature - Noob Question

Hey everyone,

Still coming to grips with the game but loving its randomness and fluctuating difficulties. I've searched the forums and web and cannot seem to find an answer to this problem i have had several times - also, please excuse my lack of official terminology - I'm still coming to grips with all that too:

So in the missions (whatever the name is - I think it's the financial ones) I have to 'disable' the target person of interest. I have found in several of these missions, the target is behind a desk in a financial suit looking straight at the door and the message "heat signature detected" sits alongside him. He has a wide scope of vision and I simply cannot get in without a cloaking device. I can open the door and get his attention, yet he never moves from his spot.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do to be able to get to him. The only way I have done it is with a cloaking device from Deckard or to take the guy out with a bullet (which is obviously undesirable).

I am almost certain I am missing something here, and normally I would not seek answers and instead figure it out myself, but this one is frustrating me. 

I am prepared for the simple, forehead slapping answer......

Klei hasn't finished development on the behavior of the Financial Executives. You don't need a cloaking rig to get into the room and take him down if he's the only one to spot you. You can run right into his vision cone without any repercussions since he has no weapon to take you down. He will spot you and the "spotted" sound still happens, but he won't move or attack you ever.

Klei hasn't finished development on the behavior of the Financial Executives. You don't need a cloaking rig to get into the room and take him down if he's the only one to spot you. You can run right into his vision cone without any repercussions since he has no weapon to take you down. He will spot you and the "spotted" sound still happens, but he won't move or attack you ever.

Awesome, thanks! Now I don't feel so silly, although I did do some extravagant maneuvers to get to him unsighted in the past.  

Archived