Dedicated server software + Caves/RoG content?

I was wondering if there were any plans to release dedicated server software so that the game can stay running when the host disconnects their game client? For the uninformed, I don't mean Klei hosting servers, I mean a seperate piece of dedicated server software running on the host's machine that keeps the game up even when the host's game.exe is not running.

Also, is it for sure that Caves and RoG content will be fully added to DST? My friend and I are enjoying DST a lot but it feels so slim and barebones compared to RoG.

For your first question, no they have not released any dedicated server software yet. For your second question, they have stated that they will be adding Caves after they figure out how to make it work in a multiplayer setting. As for RoG, they said they're going to add as much of it as they can, but full RoG is not confirmed.

They'll probably release the dedicated server software when DST comes out of beta. 

Next, they did confirm Caves will be in the game, but not now because they need serious reworking.

As for RoG Content, most of it is going to be added, but some mechanics might not be in the game such as Wetness since it'll be too much for the game to check players on Wetness every 5 seconds.

Archived