A bit of scripting hitches that need some help. (Freeze/Overheat/Sanity-Loss)

I started working on some custom characters for me and my friends yesterday, only running into a few hitches that I have seen so far:

• I have no idea how to turn off the freezing of a character;

• Increase the speed of overheating of said character;

• Cause an increased sanity loss near specifically spiders. (This one is optional, but I would love some help on that one to make the game a bit more laughable to me.

• My characters not showing heads when wearing top hats (however that is a matter I will find out from some coincidence or something.)

I would also assume all these things would be listed under the  : local function custom_init(inst) : area of things.
so yeah, help would be loved, as I would love to make myself an unfreezable, overheating easily, Arachnophobe.

My friends don't really have any specifics that stand out, so I can manage them easily. XD

Just a lot of drawing must be done.

I'm not much of a lua scripter, but I've heard of some people trying to accomplish similar ideas. Over in WitchDoctEr16's thread someone told him how to create unfreezable characters. Overheating might be a bit more difficult, though.

As for the sanity loss near specific creatures, it might help to look around on JarDev's channel and see if any other mods have pulled off such a thing. If they did, you can download them and look into their .lua scripts to see how they accomplished that.

The top hat problem is easy, though. Make sure your character has a headbase and headbase_hat. If I can remember correctly, headbase disappears whenever a character wears a hat so headbase_hat should have the top of the hair cut off so it doesn't go outside of the hat.

Thanks for the first two, yet the hat problem, still persists, as I learned very early on that I DID need a headbase_hat, so I just copied my headbase to my hat folder.

So in short of the persisting problem; The headbase_hat files exist and are in correctly... as far as I know, unless some hats go over the normal head, in which case, I need to go back and fix it.

Archived