Life Giving Amulet

Hello. I don't get. I've played today DST, I had Life Giving Amulet that I found near skeleton. I thought it works when you die during wearing it, for example. You equip it - you die - you instant revive on place. But it didn't work for me. I equipped it before I died and nothing happened, amulet just fell of my neck. Then I haunted it laying on ground and revived! Does it works like this now or is it a bug with amulet in common or only with those that are near skeletons? And btw is there a possibility to make little light on 5-10 seconds after you revive like you have when connect the server? Cuz winter nights are very long, and it doesn't end before countdown ends if you died in the beginning of the night. Thanks for the feedback.

Does it works like this now
Yes

And btw is there a possibility to make little light on 5-10 seconds after you revive like you have when connect the server?
This would actually be nice, especially considering the fact that you can do it on your own by reconnecting immediately after reviving, anyway, this would just take out that annoyance.

by reconnecting immediately after reviving

​ I know that reconnect restarts timer, but I consider it as a cheating so I don't want to do it...

Yes

Is it permanent and will be like this forever? So I can drop amulets on base and always revive when I needed? i guess it is at least strange... Cuz it is "the amulet" only cuz it restores health and sanity with hunger when on?

​ Is it permanent and will be like this forever? So I can drop amulets on base and always revive when I needed? i guess it is at least strange... Cuz it is "the amulet" only cuz it restores health and sanity with hunger when on?

You know, I think it is the best to work like that. Imagine situation where you get killed by Deerclops somewhere far from the base with Amulet equipped. You die and revive immediatly and Deerclops decides to take a nap, then you realise that night will come up in few seconds. Wouldn't it be better to just wait until night passes and then use the Amulet? Deerclops would most likely just go crush something else.

Yes it is much convenient and I mostly like how it works now, and you can make your own "touchsone" if you find some red gems, but it used to work only when on, even WIKI says with capital letters ONLU WHEN ON character... dunno... feels strange, maybe cuz I expected to revive after the death instantly but didn't. I feel fine with current mechanic, I only hope they add some time to get items from ground to make torch or else when you die at night.

BTW, is the only 2 options to fine red\blue gems are dig from graves and collect from fire\ice hounds? There are no caverns so gems are not so high replenishable now?

Archived