Dupe Characters

Alright, I'm not against dupe characters but I would love someway of indicating when joining a server what characters are currently taken. It bothers me when I join survival servers that I want to pick the most beneficial character and not end with 4 wickerbottoms/wilsons/willows. This could be done by allowing access to tab during character selection or just a simple number by the character of showing how many people are currently playing as that character. 

@SageKun,

We'll be changing the character select screen to be a more fully featured lobby screen at some point: you'll be able to see who is in the game, what characters they're playing, chat with them, and invite friends.

Although I like your idea of allowing access to the tab-menu during character selection. While messier than the devs probably want in the final version, it would at least provide the functionality to us sooner and I don't think it would be that hard to do.

Archived