Don't Starve, A Wilderness Trail

More or enough?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this good or bad?

• Great! Keep up the good work!
    • It's not bad, but not the best, I'd like to see more.
    • No interest either way.
    • It's kinda bad, wouldn't mind not seeing it again.
    • Absolutely terrible. Stop now.

NOTE: Due to the lack of information of characters when this was written, and the fact that most of it was written before ROG, ROG features will not be in here, and liberties have been taken with the characters backgrounds.

Prolouge

Damn them. Damn them to hell! Whoever they are!  It’s not fair! I was respected and happy. Now what am I? Trapped in this godforsaken throne, listening over and over to this stupid song. Well. No more. They gave me abilities and it’s time to use them to my advantage.

The seven I’ve drawn in should free me from this curse. I may be god, I may have created every plant and animal but I’m tired of this cursed existence. It’s time to break free. The scientist, hah! Fool! So smart but yet so stupid. Still. I admire the search for knowledge in a man. I hold out the most hope for him. The pyromaniac is another matter. Young and headstrong, a useful ally for the other six. Then the circus performers. One strong, and one so, so feeble. They didn’t even know that they were sacrificing themselves to this unreal reality.

The girl, the one I feel the most guilty about. So young and fragile. Hopefully her sister will protect her. The librarian I’m sure will be invaluable. Her cleverness is extraordinary, but she’s not practical, that’s why I snared the lumberjack. If only I could deal with the curse though, the others may slay him. But nonetheless these seven will free me. I’m sure of it

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 2

Part 2

Chapter One: One man and a picture

A man was lying down on a patch of grass, grass that was not from Earth, and slowly awoke. He coughed a few times and pushed himself off from the ground that he lay on.

“What the hell happened to me?” he croaked, “Where the hell am I?” he said next. He sighed. The radio. Of all things, the radio and the potato. Well, he thought to himself. Nothing he could do about it now. He stood up and investigated his surroundings. A rabbit eyed him warily, and scampered off when he came near it. He fumbled around and then stopped. Rule no.1. Stop, take a breath and work out what to do.

He vaguely recalled someone telling him that he would need food, and a fire before nightfall.  He checked in his pockets, glad to see that he had a couple of matchsticks, as well as a pocket watch. He checked the watch, only to see that it was going well over twice as fast as normally. Was that a side effect of the transportation, or was that actually how time worked here? He set off in a random direction, hoping to find anything, be it clues to his whereabouts or food.

He moved along, grabbing flowers, carrots, and the occasional piece of flint to go with it. Soon he had a nice stack of all kinds of food and supplies. Dusk crept in on him, and he realised that now was the time to create a fire. He picked up some fallen branches from a massive evergreen, and started to pile them into a pyramid shape, adding dry grass as kindling. In less than five minutes he had a merry little fire going, and started to cook up the food he had collected. At the smell of roasting food, his stomach grumbled, and he wolfed down a number of carrots and berries, before taking out a picture that he always kept with him.

Woodren. He looked longingly at the man in the photo next to him, a twenty-year-old scientific gem, with the capability to do nearly everything. But... Woodren. Long, black hair tumbled down her head, and everything about her seemed so... perfect... he sighed and fell into a deep, deep sleep.

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 1