How do I herd Beefalos into a confined space?

Zesi

Hi all! I am still new at this game trying to learn the mechanics. I have something I have not figured out. I am trying to be more efficient with my time. I want to herd my beefalo into a confined space. When I use the horn, only a few of them follows me. The herd is a bit spread out. How do I make them as many of them follow me into the confined space?

Second question, assuming I manage to bring most of them into an area, but 2 or 3 are still outside the stone wall, can I kill them off? If I kill the beefalos outside the stone walls, will the beefalos inside the stone wall area that I made destroy the walls down to chase me?

Thanks all!

When you attack a beefalo, all herd members nearby will go mad at you. If there is somebody or something in the way, they'll try to kill that too.

The bright side of that behaviour is that you can punch one, run away using the walking cane (if you have it) and once they give up (ideally just before night, so they lay down), wall them in.

Archived