Long Live the Queen:After the Queen has arrived...

Pre-update talking about spiders

Ah yes,I am aware that the Queen has not arrived yet,but made this thread in advance,to be the home of discussions and screenshots etcetera later when the time is there.And to look back at the spiders.Oh dem little critters,how they all appear when you knock on their nest,in the beginning(December 1st for me olol) only 4 of them popped out to get you,not that big of a deal.Then after the naughty vs nice update,for a while they were reproducing like crazy,and about 10 of em say hi to you when you knock on a large nest.Estimated body count for one level 3 nest:80+.But something changed from the spiders I used to know,they were actually a treat now,a treat in numbers.Joy!Still,overall spiders have something in common with Krampus:They are both pushovers.Even now with waves of 8 coming out of the nest at once,you can still kite them (warning opinionated statement)relatively easy,while taking no damage at all.Isolate 1-3ish from the crowd,and time when you can score a hit.Rinse and repeat untill nest lacks spiders.This drawing represents spiders to me:free monster meat and silk source(only and not even everytime at the expence of your weapon durability)

post-3309-13764589736106_thumb.jpg

I know this isn't the art section,just thought it was an apropiate drawing to add ^^ Anyhow,after seeing the trailer for the update,I got very happy.Because now spiders won't be pushovers anymore.These new leaping spiders seem to be one heck of a pain with their accurate leaping,and taking over 3 spear stabs each and not dying yet(if I counted correctly).Let along the magnificent Queen!Slashing your facial area,producing (leaping)spiders where you stand,now that is what I wanna see.I really can't wait to play DS after the new update,gonna post all my findings and of course nice screenshots here after the update goes live.Do join me :D

TL;DR Spiders were pushovers,update will change that,good times,pre- n post update talking.

Edited by Spazmatic

First minutes in after the update.Can confirm spiders are no longer pushovers.MY GOD!So many leaping spiders spawn at once,and they leap so damn well D: They also rip through my armor like butter so it seems..This is gonna be one hell of a job to even clear one giant nest,let along the other ones.Gonna bring some fire darts now,see how it goes.Probably gonna end in either dead or:TACTICAL RETREAT!post-3309-1376458974133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spazmatic

First minutes in after the update.Can confirm spiders are no longer pushovers.MY GOD!So many leaping spiders spawn at once,and they leap so damn well D: They also rip through my armor like butter so it seems..This is gonna be one hell of a job to even clear one giant nest,let along the other ones.Gonna bring some fire darts now,see how it goes.Probably gonna end in either dead or:TACTICAL RETREAT![ATTACH=CONFIG]1006[/ATTACH]

Can't see your attachment!

Died after 4 Spider queens,her offspring,and 10 hounds tried to eat me.It was great!I mean before the patch I could virtually not die at all,except for when I would make stupid mistakes while fighting,but now there is an actual challenge.RIP Willow,your dead after 136 days gave me the oppertunity to try the new map gen..and Wendy! :D The map generated for me is huge and so much more resources than before,and...spider nests..

post-3309-13764589786982_thumb.jpg

I love Abigail.With the crapton of spider nests close to each other,she can help kill all of the spiders who dare to attack me ^^

post-3309-13764589787439_thumb.jpg

Also,the snow effect is beautiful imo..Good thing it's not winter in DS yet though.

Klei did a fantastic job once again with this patch,and the hotfix afterwards ;) A well desserved Christmas time awaits you all!unless end of the world and stuff