Question about Deerclops freezing attack

hello fellow don't-starvers :-)

after a rather unpleasant visit from our beloved one-eyed-base-smasher mister Deerclops last night i noticed that he has still his 1-2 freeze attack.

i was a little confused, normally i thought he gained this ability only since RoG, but not in the vanilla game.

so i checked the wiki and it confirmed it. ("In the Reign of Giants DLC, Deerclops gains the ability to freeze others, including the player.")

so, long story short: is this intended? or an oversight?

Not an oversight. It's intended by the devs, to include Deerclop's freeze-effect into DST. It is another one of those RoG contents that they wanted to implement into DST.

ah allright, thanks for the confirmation on this @Zillvr ! :)

are there any other RoG-exclusive implementations that i/we should know of?

@mrkajito, in the double spoilers below is another RoG-exclusive content you might not have known yet. You decide if you want it spoiled now or for you find out for yourself in game.

No turning back now, if you open the next spoiler.
post-474697-0-26236100-1419335045_thumb.

Anyways that is it, happy to help. Have fun and goodluck. Cheers!

It doesn't affect players yet, but affects NPCs. I was sad when a big treeguard lost horribly vs Deerclops last night. Moving on to the next tactic then!

i'm pretty sure my pal playing as wolfgang was frozen solid for a few seconds after he couldn't dodge an attack O.o

Archived