The bugs caused by changing world settings

This happens all the time when you change something. Not just in DST but every type of DS that you play with (Be it Vanilla, RoG, DST). Set Carrots to lots: you got yourself a fourth sinkhole, right next to the other one in the the grave biome! I set some basic stuff which I would need to more and made my world to Huge: guess what; now I need to deal with Deerclops every Winter. And in DST Hounds and Pengulls had stopped spawning completely. And the reason for this is? I don't get why the changing of what you want how much/how often would impact other stuff in the world, but what the heck?!

Set Carrots to lots: you got yourself a fourth sinkhole, right next to the other one in the the grave biome!

I wasn't aware of this, that's actually really funny.

I set some basic stuff which I would need to more and made my world to Huge

What stuff exactly? I usually play default world and don't know which "basic stuff" I would need more of.

now I need to deal with Deerclops every Winter.

Are you sure you aren't ridiculously unlucky?

And in DST Hounds and Pengulls had stopped spawning completely. And the reason for this is? I don't get why the changing of what you want how much/how often would impact other stuff in the world, but what the heck?!

Funny things happen when you change bits of the code, which is, in essence what you're doing when you change things like how many carrots spawn, or world size. Who knows what things like the deerclops, hounds, and pengulls depend on? I certainly haven't gone in to the source of DST enough to know, but I know from programming other games that changing one seemingly simple thing can change a lot of other things by accident.

Archived