[help?] Sending fake messages into chat of 1 player

Working on a new hallucination for my mod. 

Concept: The Dark clone comes to player and talks to him. Phrases he tells appear above his head and  in the chat, only madman sees them.

In file worldsanitymonsterspawner.lua I used this:

ThePlayer.HUD.controls.networkchatqueue:OnMessageReceived(0, nameof, pharseforclone, darkclone.textcolour ,true)

Fake phrases appear in the chat, but the problem is: only host sees all fake messages (mad players who should - do not.) 

I remade code into this ( "ThePlayer" in  worldsanitymonsterspawner.lua refers to host. "player" refers to the mad player.)

local player = playerdata.playerplayer.HUD.controls.networkchatqueue:OnMessageReceived(0, nameof,pharseforclone, darkclone.textcolour ,true)

But this makes game crush, because I  can't call "HUD" using from hosts component... 

Any ideas how to make this work?

Edited by Desblat

@Desblat, Well, that code needs to be running on the computer of the player who's receiving the message, since only ThePlayer in any given Sim/Sim Replica has HUD.

I'm trying to think about how you could handle this... I think you'd want to make a new component on the hallucination prefabs that's local (i.e. added before if not TheWorld.ismastersim then return inst end). You'd probably still need a way to communicate from the host to the client who the hallucination is targeting (via GUID, I think? or userid), which you could do with a tag, but would probably be better done with the networked variables-- the best example of how those work is in player_classified, but I'm still pretty fuzzy on how the overall information flow for them works.

@Desblat, Well, that code needs to be running on the computer of the player who's receiving the message, since only ThePlayer in any given Sim/Sim Replica has HUD.

I'm trying to think about how you could handle this... I think you'd want to make a new component on the hallucination prefabs that's local (i.e. added before if not TheWorld.ismastersim then return inst end). You'd probably still need a way to communicate from the host to the client who the hallucination is targeting (via GUID, I think? or userid), which you could do with a tag, but would probably be better done with the networked variables-- the best example of how those work is in player_classified, but I'm still pretty fuzzy on how the overall information flow for them works.

Sounds legit.

Ok, I got this working by adding fake message function to the sanity.lua, need some more tests to find out if only madman sees phrases.