BUG: Non-Host players are able to set fire to bushes and structures.

@Delannion,

Im not saying its about fire.

Im saying fire is imortant in the game.

Burning stuff is important in the game.

Griefers and trolls will take advantage of this.

But the fact that players can burn stuff will probably stay in.

Other methods of dealing with this and other trolly stuff is in the works.

There's no situation where burning a structure you built is SO time-critical that the nearest player MUST be able to burn/hammer it now or face the apocalypse.  Sure, in a non-trolly world I wouldn't mind them being able, but that's only for the sake of a little base management.  When compared to the clearly evident and evidenced risk of players logging in for the only purpose of destroying hours of work, it takes a pretty twisted intellect to think that player-set fires are so important that we can't stop trolls for risk of lessening the fire risk.  

Well I just dont think the devs will start taking out any features in the game that has the potential to aid trollers.

Agreed that people burning and breaking stuff is annoying when it happens, I just think there are better ways to deal with it.

The rollback system for example. where you can reset your world to a previous state before the damage took place. If im not misstaken that is already in the game.

There's no situation where burning a structure you built is SO time-critical that the nearest player MUST be able to burn/hammer it now or face the apocalypse.

It's important for the game to feel right. It wouldn't be Don't Starve if you didn't have the freedom to do anything you want, including shooting yourself in the foot, and you do need it to harvest ashes and coal. There will always be ways to ruin the fun for others on purpose.

Though I agree that there needs to be some kind of rollback feature for the server host to remedy this sort of situation.

It's important for the game to feel right. It wouldn't be Don't Starve if you didn't have the freedom to do anything you want, including shooting yourself in the foot, and you do need it to harvest ashes and coal. There will always be ways to ruin the fun for others on purpose.

Though I agree that there needs to be some kind of rollback feature for the server host to remedy this sort of situation.

There's a rollback feature for temporary servers, which really does help tremendously, but it doesn't help for dedicated servers.  I expect dedicated servers to become a huge part of the long-term life of Don't Starve, so it's a problem that does need to be solved.

Archived