Misaligned Character Skeleton/Animations

Hi!

I'm new to modding and I have been working on creating my own character in Don't Starve Together. I've recently been doing the year-old method of editting .tex files and figured that I better start learning to make my own stuff.

So I've decided to give using Spriter, Klei's autocompiler, and Dleowolf's extended character template (version 1.1) a shot for my most recent character in DST. The problem is that in game, my character's animations/skeleton is jumbled up, like so:

u6CyrWK.png

After comparing Dleowolf's animation.xml with my own that was exported using the autocompiler I've noticed very big differences between the two (which is weird because I based it off of their .scml).

For example: (Dleowolf's animation.xml)

<Anims> <anim name="BUILD_PLAYER" root="template" numframes="1000" framerate="40">  <frame idx="0" w="1599" h="1647" x="-761.810913" y="-804.980774">

and: (mine)

<Anims> <anim name="BUILD_PLAYER" root="template" numframes="1000" framerate="40">  <frame idx="0" w="250" h="100" x="0.000000" y="0.000000">

I'm almost certain this is atleast part of the problem, because I tried recompiling Dleowolf's 'exported' folder annnnd the animation.xml is like mine and the mod ends up breaking (also, like mine).

Anyone got any clues? 

Hi!

I'm new to modding and I have been working on creating my own character in Don't Starve Together. I've recently been doing the year-old method of editting .tex files and figured that I better start learning to make my own stuff.

So I've decided to give using Spriter, Klei's autocompiler, and Dleowolf's extended character template (version 1.1) a shot for my most recent character in DST. The problem is that in game, my character's animations/skeleton is jumbled up, like so:

u6CyrWK.png

After comparing Dleowolf's animation.xml with my own that was exported using the autocompiler I've noticed very big differences between the two (which is weird because I based it off of their .scml).

For example: (Dleowolf's animation.xml)

<Anims> <anim name="BUILD_PLAYER" root="template" numframes="1000" framerate="40">  <frame idx="0" w="1599" h="1647" x="-761.810913" y="-804.980774">

and: (mine)

<Anims> <anim name="BUILD_PLAYER" root="template" numframes="1000" framerate="40">  <frame idx="0" w="250" h="100" x="0.000000" y="0.000000">

I'm almost certain this is atleast part of the problem, because I tried recompiling Dleowolf's 'exported' folder annnnd the animation.xml is like mine and the mod ends up breaking (also, like mine).

Anyone got any clues? 

This time, don't change the size of anything.

Dleowolf made this so it would work that way.

SPRITER IS VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRY FINNICKY.

This time, don't change the size of anything.

Dleowolf made this so it would work that way.

SPRITER IS VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRY FINNICKY.

I don't quite understand (except that spriter is very finicky; definitely). I haven't changed any image dimension and it shows up fine in spriter...

Unless of course you're talking about file size, then I have no idea how to contain that.

I even redownloaded Dleowolf's mod to see if maybe I changed the .scml file somehow, but all is same until I recompile their mod...

... which IS how to convert spriter projects into working DS and DST files right?

I don't quite understand (except that spriter is very finicky; definitely). I haven't changed any image dimension and it shows up fine in spriter...

Unless of course you're talking about file size, then I have no idea how to contain that.

I even redownloaded Dleowolf's mod to see if maybe I changed the .scml file somehow, but all is same until I recompile their mod...

... which IS how to convert spriter projects into working DS and DST files right?

Add me on skype Dryicefox_project NOT dryicefox. < Is my personal, I've decided to no longer assist people through that one so I can keep track of different people.

Turns out my suspicions were true and it had to do with the autocompiler I had been using. I checked Klei's github and realized that they probably didn't update their win32 version of their modtools. I had no idea how to update it so I just bought Don't Starve for Steam since I'm going to need it for DSTogether when it comes out of closed beta anyways.

Conveniently, it came with the updated mod tools and I tried to recompile my mod using that.

Lo and behold, it works!

Also, thank you Dryicefox for offering your help, it is appreciated.