[HELP] Custom prefab with custom animations

I am trying to make a very simple storage mod (need to start simple with first modding attempt). I have already drawn the prefab itself and have created the 'close' 'opening' and 'open' animations of it in Spriter. Being how simple this mod is, I have also already managed to pull the basic structure of the mod together.

My main problem is: How to import and use animations made in Spriter in a mod. I managed to figure out how to convert the prefab into .tex (atlas-0.tex) but cannot find information on how these "anim.bin" and "build.bin" fit into the picture.

Now I have no idea where to go next :wilson_ill:. Ples help.

Sorry, seems I was mistaken. It cannot convert .scml into anims as stated:

"krane: a anim.bin/build.bin decompiler, whose output is a Spriter project."

Because I cannot figure out how to edit the first post, what I meant was:

How to import and use animations made in Spriter to a mod.

Sorry, seems I was mistaken. It cannot convert .scml into anims as stated:

"krane: a anim.bin/build.bin decompiler, whose output is a Spriter project."

Because I cannot figure out how to edit the first post, what I meant was:

How to import and use animations made in Spriter to a mod.

Use the autocompiler (if you have downloaded the Steam Mod Tools, it launches automatically with the game)

Use the autocompiler (if you have downloaded the Steam Mod Tools, it launches automatically with the game)

It finally worked! I downloaded the Don't Starve Mod Tools and manually converted it from there.

Thanks for the replies :wilsconnivingsmile:. Now I need to work on the mod itself. Hopefully I do not encounter another road block.

Archived