Question about Game Modes

New to DST, was given a gift copy by my awesome friend.

We have been playing survival, cause that was the default one, but now I am looking at hosting a server and I couldn't find any information on what the difference is between Survival, Wilderness, and Endless.

Anyone know where I can find that information out?

@Rueghn,

Endless: This is the mode that we were playing before the other two modes got added. You can resurrect with the portal by haunting it, which behaves like receiving a telltale heart (you lose max health). Otherwise, there's no way for the world to end, it just keeps going even if everyone's dead, and other people being dead has no direct effect on you.

Survival: You cannot resurrect with the portal. For each player ghost in the world, living players lose 3.3 sanity per minute, capped at 10 sanity per minute. The idea of this is to make it harder for the remaining players, possibly causing them to spiral into a state where everyone's dead, at which point the world restarts.

Wilderness: This is like Endless, but there is no common spawn point, no portal, and no ghosts. Instead, if you die, you get sent back to character select. People spawn in random points all over the world.

Archived