Don't Starve Together on Steam

Hopefully this is in the correct location. I went to buy the Don't Starve Together Frontier Pack, but will not as I cannot own two copies of Don't Starve :/. I wanted to get the second copy to give as a gift whlie sharing a Don't Starve Together copy to that friend as well, so I could get him the game and we could play together.

Apparently though I will have to purchase Don't Starve, then purchase the Don't Starve Together Frontier Pack which includes a copy of Don't Starve that will simply be thrown away.

That doesn't even make sense.

He doesn't have Don't Starve either, I intended to gift him both. It's just bizzare I cannot use this pack to produce a gift for my friend, as the purchase as gift option is not available at all :/. Got all excited to see a great chance to get him both only to be told that the copy of Don't Starve would be effectively thrown away.

Do you currently have DST?

If you want your friend to have the base game, can you purchase the $14.99 one as a gift?

EDIT: If you do not have DST then you could also purchase the $5.00 Frontier pack (As you own DS) to give you the 2 DST beta keys you can then share with your friend.

I don't have DST. I have DS. I want to get my friend DS & DST as well as DST for myself. If I buy the base game and then the package, I am getting two copies of DS and two copies of DST. However, one of those copies of DS will just be deleted.

The package includes DS the original, so having to buy it seperately to replace the copy included in the package just seems ass backwards.

I don't have DST. I have DS. I want to get my friend DS & DST as well as DST for myself. If I buy the base game and then the package, I am getting two copies of DS and two copies of DST. However, one of those copies of DS will just be deleted.

The package includes DS the original, so having to buy it seperately to replace the copy included in the package just seems ass backwards.

Oh, then it's like rezecib said. The frontier pack does not include a copy of Don't Starve. If the Frontier pack costs you $5.00 then that is only for 2 copies of DST keys. So you won't be getting Don't Starve from that Frontier pack.

The Frontier pack costs $19.99 if you do not have Don't Starve, so than it includes it. I think the wording may be a little confusing, but that is why there is a "discount" version and the full price version.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Edit: With the $5 dollar pack, you could then also get the $14.99 for DS only. And than you can give your friend a copy of the singleplayer game. So, that would be 2 DST keys and one DS game.

Archived