Don't Starve Together Price On Steam

I also bought DS from Klei via the Humble widget on their site during Early Access (so I got 2 Steam keys and 2 Chrome keys). I've had it activated on Steam since then, but I'm also seeing the $19.99 price for the Frontier Pack. I'm logged into my Steam account via browser and Steam client.

Instead of waiting around for Steam to fix things, maybe Klei can send Humble some keys for DST to be added to our purchase pages?

I can also confirm I bought mine in early access from their website, redeemed my steam key and cannot see the discount, this seems to be a trend, can anyone NOT see the discount and they have purchased Don't starve recently on steam?

I can confirm that i'm not seeing the discount and bought the game when it was released as a bundle for chrome, 2 steam keys and 2 chrome keys. No discount for me so far =(.

Really hope this get fixed, can't wait to play with friends :D.

Well, now that Klei knows this is the source of the problem, I am wondering why it has not been fixed yet or why they just haven't provided keys to people who e-mailed them with the error?

PS: If you are having this problem (like I am), E-mail your Steam ID (the unique number ID) to Klei to livesupport@kleientertainment.com.

I tweeted to Klei about the issue, NOW they know that it stems from the Don't Starve Beta key licensing, and we should have the fix tomorrow (later on today if you are in my time zone or later).

Be patient and you should be able to buy for the correct price play tomorrow, -or- if you are like me whose weekend is now over, play on your next day off. :( Sorry guys, should have tweeted earlier.

I haven't seen anybody else say what I am about to say, so I assume I am incorrect.  Did they say if you bought DS before DS Together came out, it would be free? 

I think $5 is an awesome price and will buy it, but I thought I read that the multiplayer version would be free to people who owned DS previous to the release.  Thanks in advance.

It's a free gift for owners of DS when DST gets out of "early-access".

In the meantime, they hand out beta keys from time to time and also offer the opportunity to get 2 keys to get into that early-access version for 5 bucks (if you own DS).

It's a free gift for owners of DS when DST gets out of "early-access".

In the meantime, they hand out beta keys from time to time and also offer the opportunity to get 2 keys to get into that early-access version for 5 bucks (if you own DS).

Thanks marmot, I was a little worried I was losing my mind.  :encouragement:   Appreciate the clarification.  Happy hunting to you!

Yup Marmot is spot on!

It does seem strange and that's probably why it's confusing for some people, because people are essentially buying things that are free lol. Just to add in, people were buying the keys (It was going up to $50 dollars... it was seriously getting "silly") and also getting scammed. So, it's just a way for people to buy free things for safe and cheaply. That's all :-)

@OP, the price issue should be fixed now for everyone. : https://twitter.com/klei/status/544905280396734466

Archived