[General] - Unable to access dedicated servers

Dragon Wolf Leo

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Unable to access dedicated servers

Issue Description: Whenever I log in to see the server select screen, the server list would load normally. But every time I try to join a dedicated server, the Server Not Responding message shows up. Also, if I refresh the server list, all dedicated servers would vanish, leaving only hosted servers visible. I could change the Server Type filter to Any or Dedicated, and they'll won't show up.

At first I thought this was bad timing, with the dedicated servers all going down when I try to join them, but after many tries, I've gotten the same results, except on one rare occasions, I managed to join a dedicated server, but got disconnected immediately.

Steps to Reproduce: I'm not sure how this is caused. I used to be able to join dedicated servers. Right before this started to happen, I joined the server Maxwell's Playground with Auto-subscribe to Mods enabled.

- Enable Auto-subcribe to Mods

- Join Maxwell's Playground

- Leave

- Return to server list

Often times, I can't connect to dedicated servers if I haven't updated DST in a while. So I close DST and if there is an update queued, I let it update. After that, I'd be able to join servers again.

This could fix the issue, but I'm guessing you already tried this.

Often times, I can't connect to dedicated servers if I haven't updated DST in a while. So I close DST and if there is an update queued, I let it update. After that, I'd be able to join servers again.

This could fix the issue, but I'm guessing you already tried this.

The update fixed it for me. I'm able to join again.

• Developer

The Dedicated servers have occasion performance issues, and I'm working towards fixing those,  that may be the culprit.

I have the same exact issue. I can't join any servers no matter what I do.

@leonheart390 - We are only aware of one total connection failure issue.  If your Windows user name has Unicode characters (e.g. Chinese characters) in it our file system stuff will fail.  You would be receiving an error on joining, about failing to download the map- does that sound familiar?  We are working on a solution for this right now.  

Please reply with what error you are receiving when joining.

I have an issue where whenever I try and join a server the game crashes, I've used mods in the past but mods that worked just fine before now crash, and so does deleting all of the current mods, so what im saying is With mods it crashes Without mods it crashes, I've uninstalled several times and it still crashes

Archived