First Aid book?

@nothere, This would be neat... but Wickerbottom is already incredibly overpowered right now. She can grow over 100 farms at once if you place them optimally (and you can fit saplings and grass in the gaps). Maybe if her other books get a nerf... 

Some , in my opinion, are useless :S . Unless used in combination, for example ( i dont remember their names) the lightning book ... Today I tried it against hounds in a rocky biome, so I wouldnt burn anything, And I think I used it completely and didnt hit many :( But I think the ones I hit did die from it , it might have been just bad luck.. But the birds one and that one , I dont think they are so useful, considering sanity is hard to regain for her :( .

I dont think they could be nerfed anymore haha

@xSadoro, The End Times (the lightning one) really is useless.

Birds of the World is extremely useful in combination with Sleepytime Stories. In winter, you can simultaneously summon krampus and obtain a large number of morsels and azure feathers. This is by far the most efficient method of farming the Krampus Sack that I know of.

On Tentacles is really strong. Not only does it make tentacle spikes a renewable resource, it also can be used to fight things like the deerclops, or just cut down the beefalo herd every once in a while, or farm silk.

Applied Horticulture is incredibly overpowered. I have a demo world for this that I intend to make a video or something of to show just how powerful it is.

As for regaining sanity, that's solved by making cookies, which you can produce en masse with Applied Horticulture.

@xSadoro, The End Times (the lightning one) really is useless.

Birds of the World is extremely useful in combination with Sleepytime Stories. In winter, you can simultaneously summon krampus and obtain a large number of morsels and azure feathers. This is by far the most efficient method of farming the Krampus Sack that I know of.

On Tentacles is really strong. Not only does it make tentacle spikes a renewable resource, it also can be used to fight things like the deerclops, or just cut down the beefalo herd every once in a while, or farm silk.

Applied Horticulture is incredibly overpowered. I have a demo world for this that I intend to make a video or something of to show just how powerful it is.

As for regaining sanity, that's solved by making cookies, which you can produce en masse with Applied Horticulture.

Do you mean by stacking pumpkin seeds? And damn ! It is a nice way to farm azure feathers! But you can only make blow darts with those, and I only need two to kill MacTusk , so I just craft a couple traps :-)

And the on tentacles, it really is powerful. It works better to fight off hounds. You can even set them far and then run there as if they were a trap. I just wanted to test the red book on hounds, maybe it was like super easy to kill them with it, that would have been nice.

And the farm book, Idk I just build small bases to survive and they end up being enough , I only have 3 (farms not bases lol) and Im on day 8x hahaha, I know Im a noob to some of the people here, Im not an... industry producer lol . I just focus on surviving , so 3 veggies + 1 monster meat = meat balls , and easy meatballs cause base surrounded by spiders :grin: (or 3...Honeys? + 1 monster meat = honey nuggets, I know I know, some people mass produce the dragon pies, its just not my style I guess. I remember someone being judged for being far in the game and still living off of meat balls :( )

And well, I saved the tam o shanter for winter or really low sanity situations, clothes is how I regain sanity, and maybe the occasional mushroom, I guess I should go with some of those or cookies if I plan on using books)

But back on topic, I think sleepytime stories, the sleep book and on tentacles are the best imo. If they could change the lightning one so it would actually STRIKE enemies on screen :( out of 16 lightnings I only hit 4...

@xSadoro, Well, yeah, the industrial capability of Applied Horticulture is mainly what makes her overpowered. It was fine in single-player, because she was the only one to feed, but in multiplayer she can single-handedly feed some 30+ players. 

Uhmmm , but lets think...You said she can grow over 100 seeds with one use...You'd still need 100 seeds :p I know seeds are easy to get  , and you might get up to 10 per day right?  I mean yeah...Idk, I still dont think its op hahahaha, now for the twigs and grass, now thats a different story, that might be really helpful, but I really wouldnt know  Its just getting what you could get in the future faster... Just that, so as long as you're not starving and you dont REALLY need those..resources or food, whas the point really?

@nothere, This would be neat... but Wickerbottom is already incredibly overpowered right now. She can grow over 100 farms at once if you place them optimally (and you can fit saplings and grass in the gaps). Maybe if her other books get a nerf...

I'm starting to think that you think that everything is OP in Don't Starve in general. Hei, how about lets make the books more real life like: make them require 100 papyrus and each have 100 uses. That way you'll have to spill your life just to make a book :) actually this would be legit only if you had the reed trap setpiece. It's a joke anyway.

Is wickerbottom actually a witch? She can summon tentacles from the ground , sleep others, cause lightning ...I think she is in part the unimplemented weaverly

And on topic: I think this thread came up because: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/sites/default/files/pictures/blog/dstogether.png Shes holding a book with the picture of a ghost and a telltale heart.

@xSadoro,  Renewable farming: feed 2/3 of your crop to the bird, get a full set of seeds for it back, plus an extra 1/3 as generic seeds.

I'm starting to think that you think that everything is OP in Don't Starve in general.
No? Like with any game where there was a stage where balance was not a high concern, there are things that are overpowered and things that are underpowered. Willow, for example, is extremely underpowered for coop, and overpowered for griefing and PvP. Wolfgang and Maxwell are both pretty underwhelming. Night lights are underpowered (bet you haven't even considered building one intentionally, ever). Thermal stones with durability are underpowered, etc, etc

@xSadoro,  Renewable farming: feed 2/3 of your crop to the bird, get a full set of seeds for it back, plus an extra 1/3 as generic seeds.

Omg, Its true , sorry , I forget about some things sometimes... hehe, Well , wickerbottom true grandma I guess haha. Too much food though , not enough hunger!

bet you haven't even considered building one intentionally, ever

If I was playing Willow , I would consider it :p You can farm the nightmare fuel with a nightmare amulet!

Archived