Help Please - Custom Item That Can Ignite Things

Dolorre

This is my first time making a mod, and while I have been able to get everything else working, I cannot get the item to be able to ignite things.

I looked at the lighter and torch for help, and I think the part that lets the item ignite things is this:

inst:AddComponent("weapon")
    inst.components.weapon:SetDamage(TUNING.LIGHTER_DAMAGE)
    inst.components.weapon:SetAttackCallback(
        function(attacker, target)
            if target.components.burnable then
                if math.random() < TUNING.LIGHTER_ATTACK_IGNITE_PERCENT*target.components.burnable.flammability then
                    target.components.burnable:Ignite()
                end
            end
        end
    )

In the torch version, the TUNING.LIGHTER_DAMAGE is replaced with TUNING.TORCH_DAMAGE, and the TUNING.LIGHTER_ATTACK_IGNITE_PERCENT is replaced with TUNING.TORCH_ATTACK_IGNITE_PERCENT.

My item in the code is referred to as "hat_vat."

Could someone please help me with the code so my item ignites things? I'll keep trying to mess with the code, but this is stumping me.

Thanks!

Dolorre

I found the tuning part of the code, and what numbers they represented (if that makes any sense). It didn't do anything, and I can't get it to work.

Here's all of my code:

local assets={    Asset("ANIM", "anim/hat_vat.zip"),    Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/hat_vat.xml")}local prefabs = {}local function onpickup(inst, owner)	inst:RemoveComponent("cooker")		inst.Light:Enable(false)endlocal function ondrop(inst, owner) 	inst:AddComponent("cooker")		inst.Light:Enable(true)endlocal function onequip(inst, owner)     inst.components.burnable:Ignite()		owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_hat", "hat_vat", "swap_hat")    owner.AnimState:Show("HAT")    owner.AnimState:Show("HAT_HAIR")    owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR_NOHAT")    owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR")            if owner:HasTag("player") then		owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD")		owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD_HAIR")	end		local light = inst.entity:AddLight()    light:SetFalloff(0.4)    light:SetIntensity(.7)    light:SetRadius(2.5)    light:SetColour(180/255, 195/255, 150/255)    light:Enable(true)endlocal function onunequip(inst,owner) 	inst.components.burnable:Extinguish()    owner.components.combat.damage = owner.components.combat.defaultdamage 		owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT")    owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT_HAIR")    owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR_NOHAT")    owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR")	if owner:HasTag("player") then	    owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD")		owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD_HAIR")	end    inst.Light:Enable(false)endlocal function fn(Sim)	local inst = CreateEntity()	local trans = inst.entity:AddTransform()	local anim = inst.entity:AddAnimState()    anim:SetBank("featherhat")    anim:SetBuild("hat_vat")    anim:PlayAnimation("anim")		local minimap = inst.entity:AddMiniMapEntity()	minimap:SetIcon("lighter.png")		inst:AddComponent("weapon")    inst.components.weapon:SetDamage(17)    inst.components.weapon:SetAttackCallback(        function(attacker, target)            if target.components.burnable then                if math.random() < .5*target.components.burnable.flammability then                    target.components.burnable:Ignite()                end            end        end    )	    MakeInventoryPhysics(inst)    inst:AddTag("irreplaceable")	inst:AddTag("hat")        inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem")	inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/hat_vat.xml"        inst:AddComponent("equippable")    inst.components.equippable.equipslot = EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD	        inst:AddComponent("inspectable")		inst:AddComponent("lighter")        inst:AddComponent("heater")    inst.components.heater.equippedheat = 5     inst:AddComponent("burnable")    inst.components.burnable.canlight = false    inst.components.burnable.fxprefab = nil    --inst.components.burnable:AddFXOffset(Vector3(0,1.5,-.01))  			inst.components.equippable:SetOnPocket( onpickup )		inst.components.inventoryitem:SetOnDroppedFn( ondrop )	inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip( onequip )         inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip( onunequip )		    return instendreturn Prefab( "common/inventory/hat_vat", fn, assets)

If anyone can help me get this item to ignite things (like trees) I would be most grateful!

Dolorre

I didn't explain how to use that component, did I... :hopelessness:

You can have it spread fire at all times by adding this

inst.components.propagator.currentheat = 100inst.components.propagator.decayrate = 0inst.components.propagator.flashpoint = 1000inst.components.propagator:StartSpreading()

Additionally, there are propagaterange and heatoutput variables.

If a thing with propagator (e.g. trees) gets close to something with high propagator heat, it heats up itself and eventually combusts.

Archived