Are these Game mechanics do-able?

Rielen

So im still new to all this modding and what not. Im usually only good with graphic design and Im currently in the middle of character building.

Long story short I was curious if these are possible:

1) If the main protagonist dies is it possible to have them revive once without a resurrection stone or anything of the sort

2) If they revive can they resurrect as a different playable character? example: Imagine a heartless from kingdom hearts. You die you become a heartless. Before you were afraid of the dark but after death you accept darkness. (Darkness hurts first phase, Light hurts second phase)

3-A) Sanity physically hurts you below 5-10% 

3-B) Daytime drains sanity 

4) can I make a custom item wielding animation\look? I had an idea for a character to have a pet flame who kind of floats in his hand and he just has an open palm. 

Like I said im still new to all this and I apologize if this may be in the wrong area. I do plan to figure most of this out. But if you have the time and knowledge and you know how to do these kind of things please inform me so I can note them once I start beginning to code them.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Remember that I am only a person (not a robot I swear), and as such may not be correct at everything.

1. You can probably trick the game into thinking they're wearing an amulet, or possibly even directly trigger resurrection/make death impossible.
  2. I hope you don't actually want to do that dark/light thing, because it's boring to look at a plain dark screen... :p
  3. Yes, although it may require editing the sanity code itself.
  4. Yes, you can cheat a bit and make the character constantly loose sanity, but gain just as much during dusk/night.
  5. Custom animations require you to use Spriter, they're difficult stuff, but possible.

If I don't edit this anymore, I forgot to check the code for whether these crude assumptions actually are the limit.

Remember that I am only a person (not a robot I swear), and as such may not be correct at everything.

-snip-

I hope you don't actually want to do that dark/light thing, because it's boring to look at a plain dark screen... :razz:

-snip-

Well thanks for writing back and letting me know what you think!

The whole dark\light thing I have set up the person will be allowed to go into day and night time freely but just at a slow cost. Not sure how Im going to have it completely but I may just take out the insanity during the day thing completely. It all may be a bit much for me and I may just find a good programmer to help me whilst I make the art :). But ill definitely be giving it a shot.

Archived