[General] - Server Setup & Assorted Minor Things I noticed

Lady Tyrantess

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Server Setup & Assorted Minor Things I noticed

Issue Description: Basically, after a friend and I died playing in DST, we were having so much fun even after dying we wanted to play again in a new map for variety, however, when the host tried to set things to survival, it wasn't letting him chose that option, it would only allow Endless. I'm not too concerned about this, I wasn't sure if this was a mechanic in game to almost take it down a step to an easier difficultly since we died, or if this was a bug that wouldn't allow survival mode.

Now for the minor things, I noticed a few tentacles whipping at nothing, two were whipping around, a spiders nest was nearby, but I figured since spider nests themselves don't move unless turning into a spider queen, the tentacles shouldn't pop up unless something gets close, or so how I remember their method of attack.

-Another thing is sound, when attacking a spider nest, usually some or all of the spiders from said nest would pop up and do their hissing-thing, but if anything it was silent, almost like in winter when everything is muffled by the winter noises, minus the winter tune.

- Usually when holding space over a tree, or even holding the RMB (right mouse button) would start the process of chopping down a tree, however, when doing such, it stops, the character, like Wilson, will stand over the tree, arms raised to chop, but still stand like that until you have to re-do holding down the button/space bar or even have to re-click on the tree.

-Lastly, is a concern about targeting Gobblers. A classic method I'd use to take them out is to run them toward a corner of the world and take em out there because they would have no where to run, however, when attempting such, clicking on them to attack, Wilson almost spins circles in front of, and some cases, nose to nose, with the Gobbler,or just walks up to the bird until till the bird runs off.

If any of these things have been previously addressed and I missed them, feel free to send me a link to the thread(s) and lock this thread as solved :)

Steps to Reproduce: Attempting to start a new server after 'game over' kicked in for server setup, relogging back into DST and trying to chop down other trees to re-enact the other bugs I noticed, same relog action with Gobbler when encountered.

• Developer

Basically, after a friend and I died playing in DST, we were having so much fun even after dying we wanted to play again in a new map for variety, however, when the host tried to set things to survival, it wasn't letting him chose that option, it would only allow Endless. I'm not too concerned about this, I wasn't sure if this was a mechanic in game to almost take it down a step to an easier difficultly since we died, or if this was a bug that wouldn't allow survival mode.

Were you trying to start a new game using the same slot? When you start a game in a slot, you choose either Endless or Survival mode and that game will be that mode until it's deleted. In order to change the mode for that save game slot, you'll have to delete the existing world and start a new game with different settings. Alternately, you can select a new empty slot. If your original game was a Survival game, you should be able to let the countdown timer expire and it will generate a new world with the same customization options and bring all players still connected into that world.

Now for the minor things, I noticed a few tentacles whipping at nothing, two were whipping around, a spiders nest was nearby, but I figured since spider nests themselves don't move unless turning into a spider queen, the tentacles shouldn't pop up unless something gets close, or so how I remember their method of attack.

-Another thing is sound, when attacking a spider nest, usually some or all of the spiders from said nest would pop up and do their hissing-thing, but if anything it was silent, almost like in winter when everything is muffled by the winter noises, minus the winter tune.

We're aware of these issues and hope to get to them soon (if they haven't been fixed already!).

- Usually when holding space over a tree, or even holding the RMB (right mouse button) would start the process of chopping down a tree, however, when doing such, it stops, the character, like Wilson, will stand over the tree, arms raised to chop, but still stand like that until you have to re-do holding down the button/space bar or even have to re-click on the tree.

Are you actually seeing your character get stuck, or do they eventually complete the action? The reason they're pausing in the middle of the animation is because the client is waiting for a response from the server before it can perform the action.

-Lastly, is a concern about targeting Gobblers. A classic method I'd use to take them out is to run them toward a corner of the world and take em out there because they would have no where to run, however, when attempting such, clicking on them to attack, Wilson almost spins circles in front of, and some cases, nose to nose, with the Gobbler,or just walks up to the bird until till the bird runs off.

This is probably also a result of lag: the gobbler is in a different place on the server than it is on your screen.

If any of these things have been previously addressed and I missed them, feel free to send me a link to the thread(s) and lock this thread as solved :-)

Steps to Reproduce: Attempting to start a new server after 'game over' kicked in for server setup, relogging back into DST and trying to chop down other trees to re-enact the other bugs I noticed, same relog action with Gobbler when encountered.

Responses in red above. Thanks for the reports!

Were you trying to start a new game using the same slot? When you start a game in a slot, you choose either Endless or Survival mode and that game will be that mode until it's deleted. In order to change the mode for that save game slot, you'll have to delete the existing world and start a new game with different settings. Alternately, you can select a new empty slot. If your original game was a Survival game, you should be able to let the countdown timer expire and it will generate a new world with the same customization options and bring all players still connected into that world.

Basically, it was originally set to survival, and when everyone in the group died, after sometime due to starvation, freezing, esc, the world reset after the timer kicked in, it seemed to switched to endless after another death. We waited for the world to generate and restart a second time around, but it didn't reset again.

Are you actually seeing your character get stuck, or do they eventually complete the action? The reason they're pausing in the middle of the animation is because the client is waiting for a response from the server before it can perform the action.

Yep, I see my character get stuck. Just stands there with hands raised in the air to swing, but doesn't swing, leaves the arms in the air like they are locked in place, the only way to continue the action or try again is to repeat the action again, via clicking RMB or holding the space bar.

Archived