Tree Guard Loot Drop and Behavior Discrepencies

After 11 deaths, I have finally survived past day 20 and established a farm/base of operations from which I am now preparing for the winter update.

While I was out collecting wood, I usually make sure to plant trees to counter balance the ones I've cut down. This is around day 45. Unfortunately, a Giant Tree became a Tree Guard and a tiny tree became a Tiny Tree Guard. At first I was like awwwwwwwwww the big grown up Optimus Prime is leading his young.. wait... they are coming towards me!!!111 This resulted in a long drawn out combat that lasted the entire day, night, and a part of the next morning as I ran back to camp, lit the camp fire and proceeded to do a dance around the fire while trading blows. The Next morning, the big one suddenly stopped moving towards me and stood in one spot, which I thought was odd.

The Tiny one came at me. I dispatched it and it dropped 6 wood and 1 meat. When I went to fight the big one, I hit it once and it died dropping another 6 wood and 1 meat.

So, point 1. I think a movement related bug occurred on the big optimus pine.

point 2. is the small one supposed to drop the same amount of loot as the big one? I mean the small one took a lot less hits to kill soo......

point 3. Why the heck do optimus pines drop meat if they are made out of wood? O.O

that was the feedback, here is a suggestion or two.

1. replace the meat with a lot of pine cones for thematic and ironic purposes.

2. find out how to replicate that movement bug... it did happen right after dawn.

3. have separate amounts of loot for the size of optimus pine.

I hope this post has been useful, Thank you.

1. I think a movement related bug occurred on the big optimus pine.

Well you should report a bug in the Bug Report section of the forum. That's the proper way to let the Devs know of the issue, if it hasn't been reported already.

2. is the small one supposed to drop the same amount of loot as the big one? I mean the small one took a lot less hits to kill soo......

Yup. Right now all treeguards drop the same loot.

3. Why the heck do optimus pines drop meat if they are made out of wood? O.O

Well ask yourself this: Where to squirrels live? Why are there no squirrels in Don't Starve. Now you have the only answer that makes any sense. :p

But yes, I would also like that changed. ;)

1. replace the meat with a lot of pine cones for thematic and ironic purposes.

Sure, why not?

2. find out how to replicate that movement bug... it did happen right after dawn.

That's what the bug reports are for.

3. have separate amounts of loot for the size of optimus pine.

Feel free to make your own suggestion. :)