[Client Crash] - Server crash

JohnGatling

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash
Issue Title: Server crash
Issue Description: I was playing as WX-78 with about 8 upgrades (via gears), and had just killed about 10 spiders. I has hauling the monster meat back to base when it crashed as I passed through a dense forest I had planted.

This is a screenshot of the crash: http://i.imgur.com/J6SbkzI.jpg

Oddly, I think the server kept running until I clicked "exit game", which I found out when I heard the death sound :-)

When I clicked "exit game", I saw the windows 7 dialog box that said the .exe had stopped working.
Steps to Reproduce: Unknown

Edit: when I came back onto the server after the crash, I was a ghost (as predicted), but none of my items dropped on the ground.  I haunted a Meat Effigy (which I had earlier built by giving myself beard hairs after discovering the beardling glitch) and respawned.  The biggest consequence of the item loss is that I had no more eyebone, which I fixed with c_give("chester_eyebone",1) and Chester came back after resuming the server twice.

• Developer

Yeah, this one is elusive for sure.

With the next update will come some better logging that should hopefully aid us in hunting it down.

Which reminds me - an upload of the log file is always greatly appreciated, as it may help in analyzing the issue.

Well, that's unfortunate... I assume it's been overwritten?  My log.txt was last modified today, probably from earlier when I checked for the imminent update.  Here it is anyway, just in case.

I have no .mdmp file in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin

Attached is a DxDiag.txt as well.

(yeah, just read the spoiler text here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41337-submitting-bug-reports/ .... sorry)

log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Archived