Wirozah's Idea Box.

Note:

Pictures that have been sketched by my own ideas are most likely redrawn from pictures searched by google.

All my ideas are based on to improve the ideas of the community and devs to maybe become added in future patches of Don't Starve.

Some ideas that will be published in this topic by me might already been noticed in the forums,

the point of this topic is to share my own toughts and ideas about the game Don't Starve,

i havent readed that much ideas yet just to not ruin it for myself this is all based on my own toughts.

i do not claim that my ideas are made first on this forum.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow sketch image

Mats need to make this project;

- 100 Research points (Learn from Alchemy Engine only)

- Pumpkin x1 (Identifactes his head)

- Boards x2 (This will be used to make his structure for the items on it or attachted to it)

- Rope x2 (This will be used to tight everything togheter)

- Straw Hat x1 (An hat weared by the pumpkin)

- Tentacle Spots x1 (Used for the blanked on the Scarecrow)

Reason for this idea:

I really get annoyed by the fact that there flies a random bird in to my camp even so often so i came up with this idea wich sud stop the random birds flieng to the ground in a certain area.

Ability:

The Scarecrow will stop the random birds(Crows/Redbird/Scavenger?) from flieng in the area of an certain amount.

Screenshot of the radius

i took this old screenshot because i can exacly show the area where they sud not fly down to.

The Scarecrow cannot be placed in the swamp!

2. Scavenger the fast bird that eats your food! :'O

Scavenger sketch image

Abilities:

- Eats growing plants from; Farm plots (Regular,Speedy,Turbo)

- Cannot be catched.

- Really fast.

- Has a fear for Scarecrow.

How to get rid of the Scavenger?(be fast)

- Sleepdart the Scavenger and kill it.

- When eating your plants use a pan flut to make it go sleep when its asleep kill it.

- Use the item Scarecrow to make all birds fear and not be able to come close to the ground.

What does the Scavenger drops?

- Bluebird feather 25% chance. (or any other color designed by the devs)

- Morsel.

(More ideas are ready to be published if i get positive feedback and you are willing to see more)

Spoiler next ideas; Snow biom with every detail

Sincerly,

Wirozah

Edited by Wirozah

I like the idea of a scarecrow. But I think 10 Boards are a little bit to much. Add some rope or grass or twigs. The tentacle spots are enough of rare material. But to avoid birds landing in your camp isn't enough reason to implement another structure to the game. Perhaps if crows beginn to feed on your fresh planted crops?

I like the idea of a scarecrow, but I feel the implementation is kind of useless. Sure, it would prevent birds from flying into your base, but so what? Birds are harmless and give you a free food source. Maybe if an eventual bird mob is introduced this would make sense but currently that does not seem to be the case.

I like the idea of a scarecrow. But I think 10 Boards are a little bit to much. Add some rope or grass or twigs. The tentacle spots are enough of rare material. But to avoid birds landing in your camp isn't enough reason to implement another structure to the game. Perhaps if crows beginn to feed on your fresh planted crops?

Thanks for liking my idea, as i said under the mats wich are need to make this project is verry expensive the reason why is because this item has stay low in usage in my opinion, ropes would be a great idea due the fact to attach stuff toghether i see no use for grass and twigs, pointing out to make a straw hat u need grass so still grass is involved in this item.

i see the reason to make this idea happen becuase you can now store birds and gets seeds of any kind of vegtable as reqeusted by feeding the bird in the cage.

I like the idea of a scarecrow, but I feel the implementation is kind of useless. Sure, it would prevent birds from flying into your base, but so what? Birds are harmless and give you a free food source. Maybe if an eventual bird mob is introduced this would make sense but currently that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks for liking my idea, i really think its not useless its just an item wich makes the ability to clear an area of an certain amount to make it feel as home because you can control stuff around your own base, i see this item also added to the game if maybe in future patches there will be a mob(bird) added wich will try and eat your growing plants. also everything i am going to post in this topic is based to give the devs ideas to add in the game because in my opinion the game doesnt have that much stuff added yet the game is already based on verry detailed craftings and i can really see this item added to the game with as i said before a bird that will try to eat your growing plants and by placing this item to prevent it happen.

i will add the bird mob that will try eat your growing plants to this idea box Soon as wel.

Sincerly,

Wirozah

Guest Dandytard

Well, It's an interesting item but why, in the name of maxwell's cuban cigarettes have you made it SO hard to make.

No one will bother because it offers so little but costs so much. It should be a decorative item + with the effect to keep the birds away. However, I like having birds visit my camp, As they sometimes fell asleep when it's night, Which just means more free meat.

Items should be: 2 boards, 1 pumpkin,3 grass and a strawhat.

Easy enough. Birds are harmless, At least now, So I'm sure NO one would bother making it if the cost was all that.

It would have endless use, Since it's mostly visual.

Well, It's an interesting item but why, in the name of maxwell's cuban cigarettes have you made it SO hard to make.

No one will bother because it offers so little but costs so much. It should be a decorative item + with the effect to keep the birds away. However, I like having birds visit my camp, As they sometimes fell asleep when it's night, Which just means more free meat.

Items should be: 2 boards, 1 pumpkin,3 grass and a strawhat.

Easy enough. Birds are harmless, At least now, So I'm sure NO one would bother making it if the cost was all that.

It would have endless use, Since it's mostly visual.

The reason is already added in the topic since i knew people would ask why. i agree about that its hard to get im gonna change the mats to; Rope x2, Boards x2, Pumpkin x1, Tentacle Spots x1, Strawhat x1. i have been thinking about it and i think this will be the avarege way to get this item. it is an decorative item but still can be usefull for my next idea: "Scavenger" (IF it will be added this item would come for use verry good)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Added:

Scavenger sketch image

Abilities:

- Cannot be catched.

- Really fast.

- When eating your plants use a pan flut to make it go sleep when its asleep kill it.

- Use the item Scarecrow to make all birds fear and not be able to come close to the ground.

- Morsel.

Edited by Wirozah

1. Scarecrow

Mats need to make this project;

- 100 Research points (Learn from Alchemy Engine only)

- Pumpkin x1 (Identifactes his head)

- Boards x2 (This will be used to make his structure for the items on it or attachted to it)

- Rope x2 (This will be used to tight everything togheter)

- Straw Hat x1 (An hat weared by the pumpkin)

- Tentacle Spots x1 (Used for the blanked on the Scarecrow)

Ah, the scarecrow... this is a suggestion that seen it's way around the forums. In fact, some over-eager players played with the game code and revealed the fact that "scarecrow" is stored value. As you can guess, this confirmed for many people that Sooner or later the Devs might release just such an item.

The basic crafting formula that has been suggested usually varies, but commonly includes: sticks, grass, pumpkin, rope. As you suggested, the straw hat has appeared in a few other these formulas as well. I'm not sure we need to note research points, since the RP system will be removed in January.

Reason for this idea:

I really get annoyed by the fact that there flies a random bird in to my camp even so often so i came up with this idea wich sud stop the random birds flieng to the ground in a certain area.

In the suggestions where the scarecrow is featured the general idea is that birds will become a greater annoyance, along with rabbits, when it comes to your crops. The idea was that birds can land on any farm plot where a seed has been planted and eat it, so long as it hasn't grown to the next stage (i.e. small crop). Rabbits on the other hand would eat 2nd and final stage crops, whereas right now they only eat fruits/vegetables that you've dropped on the ground.

The scarecrow is intended frighten both these "vermin" away. As you suggested, it would have a radius, which would be shown once the scarecrow is crafted, but before it's placed. However, based on your image, the commonly suggested radius is 50% its size, allowing only 4 farm plots, at most, to be protected. Players who want to protect more farm plots would need to craft additional scarecrows. Or at least that's how the suggestion went. :)

Scavenger sketch image

Abilities:

- Cannot be catched.

- Really fast.

- Morsel.

Anything's possible, I suppose, although I couldn't see a bird eating a fully grown vegetable or fruit. Again, primarily because we do have the bunnies for that. I guess the real question is, do we need a third stack of feathers...?