Atm, lets all just agree that PVP in this game is Coop with friendly fire, thats just silly, now lets spice PVP up, instead of PVP being a survival game against other human characters. One side be HUMANS and the other side be... wait for it... MONSTERS. Hounds, Merman, Chess Pieces(Rooks really), Spider warriors(the jumpy ones), and instead of the win condition for PVP to be last man standing. For human players, it's SURVIVE TILL X DAY(survive till winter or something) or BUILD X structure. For monster players, it's KILL ALL HUMANS.

Ofc spawns will be far enough for human players to prepare themselves while the monster players start the hunt. Any thoughts? see any flaws? 

EDIT: if a monster player dies prematurely he'll respawn next day morning.

PvP will never happen before the game gets released. The characters are very imbalanced for Co-op currently, what more for PvP?

*shrugs* idk, imo, even if the characters are imbalanced for co-op, theres no reason to not work on the pvp or atleast change it up so its not just coop mode where you can punch your friend in the face.

*shrugs* idk, imo, even if the characters are imbalanced for co-op, theres no reason to not work on the pvp or atleast change it up so its not just coop mode where you can punch your friend in the face.

I'd like to see both, frankly.  

I'm sure PvP will take off once mods are introduced.  I could see a couple maps and play types become popular. 

I am fairly certain that someone will eventually create a 'hunger games' style map, as well as one that's monsters v. survivors. 

as for hunger games, I've made a bootleg map myself just for fun, with a ton of basic weapons/armor at the spawn point and more rare (and effective) weapons hidden around the map.  From there its just a free for all.

as for monsters, i'm sure you could have a lot of fun with a relatively low health, 'hunter' type character (with a ranged attack and can disguise as grass/other objects perhaps).  The point of the game would be to try and pick off the survivors before a certain day (say day 10)

Archived