Problem with ktools

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and get the attached screen when I run either krane or ktech.

I also tried compiling the source code and got a ton of errors related to ssize_t. I was looking around, and suspect the ssize_t problem is because I'm running 64-bit. I tweaked the code to the point that it would compile, really just made it ignore the errors, but now it crashes when it opens the atlas. I'm assuming both problems are related and that without some tweaking on your guys' side I'm kinda boned. I can go grab logs and screens if you guys actually care. I figure I'll probably just setup a virtual machine and rip the animations there.

post-482119-0-45966100-1415638133_thumb.

is the error from the original binaries or your modified ones? It's weird because the delegates get set on library level when you build imagemagic (based on what you have available, at least on *nix sources) and the libraries in binary distribution are shipped with it. Unless for some reason it's using system imagemagic libs instead of local ones for you. Potentially silly suggestion, but did you try using full path to krane exe instead?

IIRC he said he built the binaries with msvc, 32bit mode tho, did you try to simply switch solution to 32? I built it on windows7 64 in msys mingw32 console (set generator to msys not mingw I think, tho it may not matter at all) and slack64 in 64bit mode. What VS does in 64 bit mode I have no clue, but it typically breaks crap.

Curiously enough, I just did

cmake -G "Visual Studio 12"

on fresh copy of the repo, went into ALL_BUILD project, switched to release, built with no errors. And yeah  win32. But then the exes were crashing with access violations/heap corruption which makes no sense - I assume it's mingw being on the path or the magick build from it that is causing some mixup with linker - or perhaps having both 32 and 64 bit version of dlls. It's likely specific to my system settings tho. But then again, I'm not too great with VS details, I typically try to stick to open source solutions, it might be something trivial.

If that doesn't work, and you're not biased towards mingw (like I am), I'd say using cygwin would be likely the easiest path, as mingw installation requires manual rebuilding of a bunch of libraries not shipped with it that are necesary for it to work. Just my opinion tho.

I've tried building in Fedora, Windows 7 x64, and Windows 7 x32. I've used MinGW, Cygwin, and Visual Studio 2012 in Windows, and GCC in Linux. When I can get the code to compile, it crashes at runtime. I'll get exception c0000374 which I assume is due to a bad library, but I can't figure out what. I've tried using pre-compiled libraries and compiling them myself.

The pre-compiled binaries don't work for me in either Windows 32 or 64. They both give the same error "NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat 'RGBA' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/358". Note the image I posted in the OP.

I've already wasted too much time doing this, so can anyone decompile some of the animations into .scml files? PM me if you have krane working and are willing to help. I don't need too much, just wanted to have some reference on how Klei is setting up their animations.

Well, here's the build made on msys/mingw32 on win7 64 - note that imagemagick dlls were built under msys/mingw from ImageMagick-6.8.8-10 sources, I have no idea if newer ones would be incompatible as I couldn't build 6.8.9 at the time I cared and I don't have time or patience to check if there are newer ones or if they actually do build. Also, obviously, the files will be incompatible with VS dlls that imagemagick ships. But on the other hand, if for some reason your system is using wrong libraries in case of existing binaries, this will certainly not trying to use those. I used github sources.

I also have no intent to keep this file updated at all, it's posted just for the sake of solving an issue, as original author seems to be MIA these days, it is in no way meant as disrespect. I hold no rights or responsibilities for the code or it's execution.

ktools-mingw.zip

In light of certain recent arguments, source is under GPL, licence is shipped with the executables, being that the source is available on this very site I'm not under obligation to ship it. Of course I will take it down if the author or administrators think I should.

EDIT: it goes without saying that I did test it locally and it ran properly on a bunch of files.

Archived