Don't Starve Humble Bundle Code?

Welcome to the community! If you purchased Don't Starve through Steam, it'll be added to your game library automatically.

The key allows you to download the standalone version of the game should you want it later on; but it also allows you to update your standalone client to the latest version. More info here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1126155

Sorry for asking too but is there any real difference between the standalone version and steam version other than the updates?

Yes, I'm rather confused as well. I read the support article about how to activate the keys, but how would that change any of the games I've already played? What features would this package have to offer for new and saved DS games (original or RoG) that weren't available before the release of this package? I'm also concerned that activating these keys might make my saved games crash, and I'd lose all my progress.

Yes, I'm rather confused as well. I read the support article about how to activate the keys, but how would that change any of the games I've already played? What features would this package have to offer for new and saved DS games (original or RoG) that weren't available before the release of this package? I'm also concerned that activating these keys might make my saved games crash, and I'd lose all my progress.

You don't need to worry about this if you're not planning on getting the standalone version (Version that starts without steam).

Its offers nothing new, Personally i think it's just for performance purposes.

Some people might not be able to run steam and a game at the same time without lags.

Archived