This game needs a creeping menace to fight against

This game needs a force that will slowly take over the game world if the player (or players) do not constantly keep vigilance over it. Consider it to be some kind of fungus that slowly creeps over biomes and changes them into something else, or a shadow army that slowly builds outwards a type of fortress of darkness that expands ever outword. Or just some kind of band of creatures that slowly infest all arias of the map. This will give the players a constant foe to fight against. Or it could also be teams. Players could play in teams of their own creation to maintain territory. The game needs something larger like this, otherwise it will just devolve into a grind fest of PVP. It would make working together for to a goal much more worthwhile.

I think the game's fine as-is. The biggest concern is survival. Food, resources, the bosses, spiders, hounds, tentacles, frogs and the elements of the seasons are enough. Making people constantly explore the map is overkill. Especially if the map is BIG

Not really good enough. Lureplants can be delt with in winter with no problem, and get 4 pigs and some basic armor and the Spider queens are nothing. We need something that is a bit more complicated and dangerous. I think that this is a good idea because for good players there needs to be more to do than just go down to the ruins. This will establish a difficult opposition that will go out and try to take stuf from your base or just create a threat that will need to be delt with as time goes on. The spiders are kinda a joke. We need something more to make team mates work with eachother. If not any of that than at the very least teams that can work as a gang.

Not really good enough. Lureplants can be dealt with in winter with no problem, and get 4 pigs and some basic armor and the Spider queens are nothing. We need something that is a bit more complicated and dangerous. I think that this is a good idea because for good players there needs to be more to do than just go down to the ruins. This will establish a difficult opposition that will go out and try to take stuff from your base or just create a threat that will need to be dealt with as time goes on. The spiders are kinda a joke. We need something more to make team mates work with each other. If not any of that than at the very least teams that can work as a gang.

Well, yes. Spider Queens and Lureplants are somewhat easy. But making player get out their base and disrupt their crafting to go take out a settlement of enemies is literally nothing. Especially when they give no indication where the base is (despite it updating the map) it can make you go exploring unknown areas but the problem with that is by the time you do that it could be that the group has either moved or spread making you basically have to run around searching with a friend or by yourself for either a sentiment that keeps spreading or keeps moving. You also don't seem to understand that you have the risk of dying. The armor has durability and you can tank but if you do you'd have to be heavily armored or be very strategic. You also have the risk of hounds during that so if you're on your 5th hound attack you'll be getting a lot of fire/ice hounds so with fire hounds it creates the risk of burning your stock and with ice hounds it makes you colder.

Also it ties in that the Devs don't want unneeded multiplayer content (this isn't required because the fact is, no one wants to go explore their entire map for one measly little base with some sort of loot they even if it's free stuff it's still multiplayer only content that could work in DST but not in the core game as it'd cause a lot of frustration.

If it's too easy change the settings. If it's too easy still play as Wes. And even then if it's still easy top it all off with Reign of Giants.

I am not saying you need to explore the map every time. I am saying that there may be a important location (like the cave openings) that may have some kind of creeping chaos that will slowly creep across the map if not maintained or destroyed regularly.

I am not saying you need to explore the map every time. I am saying that there may be a important location (like the cave openings) that may have some kind of creeping chaos that will slowly creep across the map if not maintained or destroyed regularly.

Repetitive?: Yes

Good?: Depends if you want to pull a hit and run situation, but no.

Look the thing is in games like Terraria it works because you can prepare easily before a wave comes. The way you describe it is "ALERT! ENEMIES GOING TO TAKE OVER YOUR WORLD! FIND THEM AND TAKE THEM OUT BEFORE THEY CONTINUE TO EXPAND!" which is worse because they can seize areas and it's not fun for you because it can limit certain access points (like a mining area limited off by a giant line of spider nests).

I made a thread like this before you, it didn't work out and I was defending it. Don't be like me.

Repetitive?: Yes

Good?: Depends if you want to pull a hit and run situation, but no.

Look the thing is in games like Terraria it works because you can prepare easily before a wave comes. The way you describe it is "ALERT! ENEMIES GOING TO TAKE OVER YOUR WORLD! FIND THEM AND TAKE THEM OUT BEFORE THEY CONTINUE TO EXPAND!" which is worse because they can seize areas and it's not fun for you because it can limit certain access points (like a mining area limited off by a giant line of spider nests).

I made a thread like this before you, it didn't work out and I was defending it. Don't be like me.

I see what you are saying. I just think it would add some much needed group strategy. It would grow out very slow, like the spiders, it would just be more of a nuisance and require players to keep it down. It would grow really slow though and it would take like 100 days for it to even become a threat in even a small location.

Ok how about this: A living slow building building dungeon like aria that has its own denizens that can be killed. They are like Mini-Cities that have their own borders. They crop up like Lureplants and require some strategy to take out. Like an intelligent shadow ant colony or something.

I just like the idea of playing a game where I need to strategically need to keep something from taking over.

I see what you are saying. I just think it would add some much needed group strategy. It would grow out very slow, like the spiders, it would just be more of a nuisance and require players to keep it down. It would grow really slow though and it would take like 100 days for it to even become a threat in even a small location.

Ok how about this: A living slow building building dungeon like aria that has its own denizens that can be killed. They are like Mini-Cities that have their own borders. They crop up like Lureplants and require some strategy to take out. Like an intelligent shadow ant colony or something.

I just like the idea of playing a game where I need to strategically need to keep something from taking over.

You're doing what I did. You see, Don't Starve doesn't want you to strategically do it. It wants you to take out the enemy any way possible. Throwing in a strategy is part of the game but if it's the same strategy (like stealth) it'll make the game boring. This is one of those situations where it's repetitive no matter what. You have a spider colony of enemies, warriors included and the strategy is blowdarts. I go with that on a spider colony because it's easier than going up and hitting each one with a ham bat, a few pigs, and some armor. But even if it's 100 days for it to become a threat and if you were to stumble on it, it'd catch your eye right away no matter what. You said a group which is unfair to people who have DST servers but no one joins. Also, you said yourself so this is what you would do and you think it's good. (I know you mean a group, this is a joke)

Archived