Starter suggestions for a new player (or not?)

Hey dudes! Well i recently picked up invisible inc as I have played and loved evry one of kleis games :D

I've had a little look around the game and am feeling a bit lost .. so what I was wondering is the following.

Would it ruin the game for me with suggestions on how to start? (is that part of the fun?)

If the answer to the above is No I would love some suggestions on how to go about starting ur game, just some simple do's and don'ts  :)

Thanks a lot for any replies

Dougal :D

Well, it wouldn't ruin your game if you got a few suggestions. Some suggestions that can REALLY help you out in the long run if you remember to constantly practice it.

One of the most vital tips?

ALWAYS CLOSE DOORS.

Trust me on this one. You always want to make sure that if your agent is near a door, or ends all action points in front of a door, close the door. By closing the doors, you'll make sure that any guards that pass by it won't see beyond it. And trust me, this can be a life saver.

Ha closing doors Check :grin:

any other basic tips that would be good for me  ?

...this game really let me realize the importance of the saying "Close the door behind you!" by my parents and teachers when I was young...

Make good use of the doors, open/close/peak, and learn where you can hide is the basic of this game. Plan your moves carefully and make every step/power counts.

You are probably going to say a lot of F words at the beginning of your game. But that's part of the fun too. Don't let it ruin the game. Just keep on going. Like when you were playing Don't Starve, you struggled through the first night, the first week when the hounds come, the first winter/summer, or when the boss rushes.

The best way is to learn through your game process, too much tips could spoil your game experience.

yeah dr meat thats what I was worried about :-) Been playing all night lol, what a great game :razz: I suck at it , but that is indeed part of the fun !

I remembered many gamers struggled for dozens of hours to get through Story Mode and then to master the gameplay. First 5 days running the agency is usually the hardest even once mastered. So...get a sware jar ready and never stop trying is the only way to go~

UPDATE:D

Well on Day 2 I found a power tazer that knocks out armoured gaurds, thought to myself "ill stick that in storage probably wont need it now"

Day 3 I do a prison facility little did I know there would be a armoured captain in there :( The dickhead then proceeded to box me in while I watched helpless as the alarm lvl went up and up , I managed to distract him and sneak in behind him but it was too late as the gaurds converged on me and mission failed.. OH how I swore that I didnt have my power zapper :<

What a brilliant game lol .

Ha closing doors Check :grin:

any other basic tips that would be good for me  ?

Another couple of tips:

1.- Do not click on a tile far away to move. Move 1 tile at a time. Sometimes things happen that you are not expecting and you dont want to continue ahead.

2.- A game is not lost until there are no moves for you to do. Sometimes it looks like you are totally going to fail because there are too many guards around, etc ... You wouldnt believe how many times I clicked the "next turn" button and magically everything fixed itself just because a guard went in a different direction, went past you without noticing when you were not expecting it, etc ...

they seemed to do this with Live Assets update i was waiting for the promo poster but it updated before-hand. 

biggest tip i can give for a new player is have fun with the game to start don't be super serious about completing the game until you are familiarized with the "rules" like guards movements and cover visuals (where you will get spotted and where you wont) and that will all come from trial and error.

Some basic tips though to help along the way-

-Use doors to your advantage as distractions and sight blockers

-Never stand out of cover where there's unchecked doors (better to wait a turn to see if a patrol comes)

-Get anarchy lvl 2 quick  stealing from guards without knocking them out is vital to controlling the level and gaining credits quickly 

-Choose the right team compilation for your power combination like EG. emergency drip and parasite (restricts access to rooms for a turn or two while parasite takes camera) counter with a compilation of Banks,Dr Xu or International (low mobility high ability/maneuverability squad)

Archived