DST: IS-Unplayable.

sving

In a game where kiting is so essential to surviving combat, especially in the early game, it kind of sucks when you keep bouncing back and forth and dying over and over.  I can't even count how many times I've died in darkness, just because my char was running towards something I clicked on 15 minutes ago instead of following my direction to the firepit.  Bugs can be fixed when the players can find them without running into countless connection issues.

• Developer

Thank you for all the feedback regarding lag.  We are actively working on solutions for both performance and latency based issues.  Please keep the feedback and observations coming in,  as it helps us gauge where we are at.

Also, Let me assure you- the right people for the job are actively working on these issues.

Add me to the list of players encountering serious, play-interrupting rubberband effects - we are on day 332 in our DST game and have the map fully revealed - Can't run more than 40-50 tiles in any given direction without being interrupted - shorter, more sporadic movements are typically not effected. I can walk from chest to chest, or crockpot to crockpot, without too much trouble, I just cannot flee or cover long distances without triggering the lag issue. Host does not encounter any issues, only remote client.

It seemed to get worse once we explored the map fully, and it also seems to get worse as you continue to play for a concurrent number of hours - e.g. saving, quitting out entirely, and then relaunching sometimes offers a brief reprieve in the issue - but only temporarily.

Both are running DST Rev 132237 WIN32_STEAM

Remote client: Intel Core i5-3570K - 32GB Ram - GTX780 - Netgear Wireless-N300 connected via USB2.0

Host: AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.0GHz - 8GB Ram - Radeon HD5770 - Rosewill Wireless-N600 via PCI-E

Router: Cisco/Linksys WIreless-N900

ISP is 12Mb down / 3Mb up - but we are playing on the same network.

We are starting a new savegame with the former Remote as the new Host, to see if the extra cpu power is of any help.

Thank you for your continued work in trying to fix this issue.
Best wishes.

Archived