Enable MODS in DST?

I have seen several people talking about enabling mods in DST, is it possible to use regular mods from DS and  enable them DST? I tried enabling them, but when I click on the " Mods " button in the main menue the game crashes. Simply wondering if I am wasting my energy on something that doesnt work anyway just yet, or if someone here actually got it working?

@MaximilionM Sorry, I try to include a link to instructions in every topic I make on mods, but I forgot to this time. I edited in now, but here's the link again:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41608-dst-functional-ui-mod-bundle/

Also, don't click the mods button on the menu. It crashes because Mod Configuration data (basically the settings/options for mods) doesn't work right now, so the mod screen tries to check for that. Every time you want to turn a mod on or off, you have to add/remove (or uncomment/comment) the respective ForceEnableMod line in modsettings.lua.

@MaximilionM Sorry, I try to include a link to instructions in every topic I make on mods, but I forgot to this time. I edited in now, but here's the link again:

Also, don't click the mods button on the menu. It crashes because Mod Configuration data (basically the settings/options for mods) doesn't work right now, so the mod screen tries to check for that. Every time you want to turn a mod on or off, you have to add/remove (or uncomment/comment) the respective ForceEnableMod line in modsettings.lua.

Did you try adding any PrefabPostInit ?

I had one for the birdcage but game seems to ignore it for some reason, and I enabled mods.

I added about 4-5 mods, like better walls , improved farming, i dont think any of them showed up, even though i edited those two files. 

theoretically should most mods from DS show up? or only certain DST optmized mods?

Thank you for the link and instructions:)

@Maximilion if it adds new items/objects, they will either crash, not be able to see them, or have various other things go wrong (character mods seem to mess up crafting so that it looks like everything's unlocked, but nothing can be made). If you're just taking unmodified mods from Don't Starve, I would expect them to crash upon loading them into DST. The only one for me that didn't require any patching was More Map Icons.

Edit: Downloading mods automatically upon joining the server is something that might happen when there's official mod support, but that won't be for a while.

@Maximilion if it adds new items/objects, they will either crash, not be able to see them, or have various other things go wrong (character mods seem to mess up crafting so that it looks like everything's unlocked, but nothing can be made). If you're just taking unmodified mods from Don't Starve, I would expect them to crash upon loading them into DST. The only one for me that didn't require any patching was More Map Icons.

Edit: Downloading mods automatically upon joining the server is something that might happen when there's official mod support, but that won't be for a while.

thanks for answering my question ! :)

I guess when I decide to use mods ill play only on a private server with my friends who would have the same mods installed!

Archived