[General] - Few random errors

Raccoon Superhero

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Issue Title: Few random errors
Issue Description: I was hosting for a few days an open world and had 3 crashes while playing. I just saved the error messages and I will post them in one report as I don't know much of why they happened, I wasn't doing anything particular so they might been triggered by another player.
Steps to Reproduce: Two of the errors happened after a player died and started haunting around as a ghost.

The other error might happened because a player tried to join using Maxwell and died shortly.

*Edit: added a new error that happened after I returned to the base and someone was burning something on the ground near a chest.

Edit2: Added more!

log.txt

post-210083-0-31179500-1413506663_thumb.

post-210083-0-67645100-1413506715_thumb.

post-210083-0-17423500-1413506736_thumb.

log.txt

post-210083-0-72698900-1413908280_thumb.

post-210083-0-89623100-1414424852_thumb.

log.txt

post-210083-0-02398000-1414425054_thumb.

The skeleton concatenate one is almost certainly related to Maxwell. It happens when you examine his skeleton and the server doesn't have the More DST Characters mod. However, it's still worth fixing because the code that causes it to crash there is probably referring to the wrong table in STRINGS.

The follower one looks like the MacTusk crash that was supposed to have been fixed a couple of updates ago. It looks like you might've posted from before that fix.

The entityscript 908 ones are ghosts haunting piles of stuff, I think.

Standardcomponents 343 is a ghost haunting a burnt spiky tree (marshtree), I think.

The stringutil one is a rare edge case that isn't covered when it generates the "oooh? ooooh! ooooo" text that ghosts make. I suggested a fix here.

Edit: I'm a little scared of myself now that I can see those error messages and know the cause of the crash right away o_o

The skeleton concatenate one is almost certainly related to Maxwell. It happens when you examine his skeleton and the server doesn't have the More DST Characters mod. However, it's still worth fixing because the code that causes it to crash there is probably referring to the wrong table in STRINGS.

The follower one looks like the MacTusk crash that was supposed to have been fixed a couple of updates ago. It looks like you might've posted from before that fix.

The entityscript 908 ones are ghosts haunting piles of stuff, I think.

Standardcomponents 343 is a ghost haunting a burnt spiky tree (marshtree), I think.

The stringutil one is a rare edge case that isn't covered when it generates the "oooh? ooooh! ooooo" text that ghosts make. I suggested a fix here.

Edit: I'm a little scared of myself now that I can see those error messages and know the cause of the crash right away o_o

You can usually just get the idea after looking at what the error says so don't worry about that.

Yes, first 3 errors are before fix but I didn't want to create a new report for the new ones. I just kept saving the errors then put them here after they piled up.

• Developer

@Raccoon Superhero I would make new reports, actually. It's a little easier from the dev's perspective, I would think, to just have one bug per report, because then if they need to go back and find it later it's way more searchable.

Yes, please do make separate reports for separate issues. The way our bug tracking flow works is basically this:

- We read the forums and find new issues reported

- We write a bug in our internal bug tracker describing the new issue

- We paste a link to the forum report in the bug we just entered

Because we link the internal bug reports with the forum posts like that, we often end up searching for the link in our internal database to see if someone else has already entered it. If there are multiple issues reported in the same link, then we have to go back and read the thread again, rather than just being able to see "yes, okay, that thread has already been associated with a bug, so we're covered".

Archived