Beffalo Pens

Now I'm no stranger at keeping beefalo, but most of my pens are just messy squares that I just cram them into. My question is what's some good architecture for beefalo pens? Sometimes I see people who have these large thought out complex pens which I would really like to understand why they built it that way.

Can you give us an example?

I have a large area of the map that I drug some Beefalo down to. For now it's a huge pen cause Beefalo wanted to keep going back to where they came, so I had to put some walls up to block them. I only did this cause when I get Giants,I normally lure them down to clear out a hugemongous herd, eventually I think they just might kill them all. Then I'll still have backup!

Can you give us an example?

I have a large area of the map that I drug some Beefalo down to. For now it's a huge pen cause Beefalo wanted to keep going back to where they came, so I had to put some walls up to block them. I only did this cause when I get Giants,I normally lure them down to clear out a hugemongous herd, eventually I think they just might kill them all. Then I'll still have backup!

Can't find much in terms of examples but I have seen before a pen with an area for killing them and some wall setup that beefalo can't get out of but you can still get in without the use of putting up grass walls to use as "doors". I guess this thread could be used not only for beefalo pens but just how to make neat and advanced architecture in Don't Starve.

I guess this thread could be used not only for beefalo pens but just how to make neat and advanced architecture in Don't Starve.

I'd be up for an advanced achitecture thread, I'm interested to see what you guys have thought up. Sadly I myself don't have much to contribute to this, but I'm always on the look out for new ways to set things up, including these beefalo pens you're talking about.

Archived