Snake's Fan Art Thread

Snake

I've decided to create an entire thread for my art rather than spam the board with multiple different ones. This thread will more than likely be updated at least once a week because I'm constantly being inspired by other people's art as well as the game itself.

Updates:

• Monday, December 17, 2012 - Added Vulture concept art.

Monday, December 17, 2012.

This morning on the bus I thought up an idea for a new mob in Don't Starve. There's a significant lack (zero) of birds of prey in Don't Starve. A Vulture is brought about by death, which takes a large part in Don't Starve. Vultures would be attracted to meat laying around on the ground but can also track / hunt Wilson if his hunger or health is very low. That idea alone would bring about a great challenge to the game so said event would have to be pretty rare or you just wouldn't have a fun time standing on the edge of life of and death looking for some morsel of food to heal yourself. Here's my concept art:

_idea__vultures_for_don__t_starve_by_1roquois-d5ogk5j.png

I quite like this idea and drawing it was pretty fun. Vultures are neat.

Here's a link to the thread on the Suggestions subforum on the Vultures.

Here's my most recent sketch (not anymore), one of which I've drawn twice already in my notes for class whenever I have downtime. I really like it.

_fan_art__wilson_sketch_by_1roquois-d5o54cb.png

Clicking on the above image will take you to deviantART where I've also uploaded this. Expect this for following works as well.

I've really got a grasp on this new style of drawing. I've only ever really had a knack for drawing things that don't exist but making all of these fan arts and sketches inspired by Don't Starve has really been a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

Thank you! The torch interaction wasn't really a planned thing and I still can't see how it would react that way with the moon, however.

I've added a new concept to the thread on Vultures. I'll probably make a thread about them in the Suggestions subforum if there isn't one already. Haven't actually looked up if they've already been suggested as of yet.

EDIT: Here's the link to the thread I've made in the Suggestions subforum. A user named jujubomber also posted about them in a thread where he presented various suggestions for the game a while back so I figured it was alright to make a whole new thread just on Vultures.

Edited by Snake