[Idea!] Suggestions for Experience!

These are my suggestions for Experience:

• When you go into a tent your total experience should be added up like if you have died. This would help because alot of people kill themselves just to get experience.
  • Experience should unlock MORE than just characters. For example it could unlock new abilities for existing characters (Willow's attacks set fire to the enemy, Wolfgang can punch down trees, Wilsion get extra research points, Wendy is more creepier.)
  • Experience could unlock you certain recipes (You get the experience to reveal the recipe, you unlock it, you craft it.)
  • Experience could enhance existing abilities (Wilsion's Beard grows faster, Willow's fires are brighter and last longer, Wolfgang is even tougher, and Wendy is more creepier.)

And Those are my ideas for Experience. Check out my other thread for more of my ideas:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3437-Completly-New-and-Original-Ideas

When you go into a tent your total experience should be added up like if you have died. This would help because alot of people kill themselves just to get experience.

I like this idea, I've always wanted the tent to do something more than it already does, and this seems like a good little addition.

Experience should unlock MORE than just characters. For example it could unlock new abilities for existing characters... Experience could enhance existing abilities

I like these ideas too, although your description of Wendy's is vague haha. Every ability she unlocks could only apply to Abigail, where Abigail will show show up more often, be stronger, she will sometimes appear solely to aid you in combat (even during the day for the brief moment of combat?), she'll leave clouds of poison around her (killing your crops/grass/flowers/trees, but also can harm enemies)

And Wilson's would have to be changed since research points are going away Soon. I've always liked the idea that Wilson is a completely immoral scientist, and that's why he's banished to this hell, for all the terrible things he's done to animals and people in the name of science. Maybe the hammer for Wilson could grant 'alchemical-y science' properties, where he's able to break things down into their 'secret magic elements.' Say you beat on corpses (or live?) rabbits and birds, and you get strange drops out of them, like whole vegetables, or tallbird eggs, or gold nuggests. As he gets more experience, his hammer could hit bigger and stranger things, like rocks, spider nests, tentacles, tallbirds, beefalos, treegaurds, Krampus, and sometimes maybe get even rarer drops out of them?

Thank you for commenting on this :D

You went deep into this and very much appreciate this!

No problem, I always like to see suggestion threads that change/add some big, core gameplay elements, more so then the threads that generally fall under the "add more stuff" motif. The game is still early on... of course Klei is going to add more food/crafting/monsters before release.