"Automatically join server when slot is open" Button

Currently, people crash and quickly try to rejoin. We need to give those people ways to reclaim their spot first.

What would really help, is a increase in player amount. 8 People waiting hours to join a 4 person server has many flaws to it.

Currently, people crash and quickly try to rejoin. We need to give those people ways to reclaim their spot first.

What would really help, is a increase in player amount. 8 People waiting hours to join a 4 person server has many flaws to it.

True.

This is one reason why persistent public servers are not a great idea.

4 players isn't very many, and not being able to log in means either you're playing "odd man out" or unable to enjoy the work you put in.

For now, servers should either be private, or reset after each play session.

Otherwise, you're going to run into those issues very quickly as more keys are distributed, and the number of random joins is increased.

This is one reason why persistent public servers are not a great idea.

4 players isn't very many, and not being able to log in means either you're playing "odd man out" or unable to enjoy the work you put in.

For now, servers should either be private, or reset after each play session.

Otherwise, you're going to run into those issues very quickly as more keys are distributed, and the number of random joins is increased.

I wholeheartedly disagree, as I have been having lots of fun with new players. My only wish is that we can have some more content like caves and ROG soon.

I wholeheartedly disagree, as I have been having lots of fun with new players. My only wish is that we can have some more content like caves and ROG soon.

That's you're having fun has absolutely nothing to do with why persistent public servers are a bad idea.

Right now, there is a small, relatively experienced player base. Yes, there are new players, but they at least are friends of people who registered for the beta.

Once DST goes live, you're talking about thousands of people who got don't starve even years ago coming back and playing online.

Your odds of getting a griefer increase astronomically, and then your hard work is gone.

Wickerbottom needs to find a minimal number of materals before she can burn and deconstruct all your hard work.

It isn't a question of if it will happen, but when.

The community will never be more experienced or cooperative than it is right now.

That's you're having fun has absolutely nothing to do with why persistent public servers are a bad idea.

Right now, there is a small, relatively experienced player base. Yes, there are new players, but they at least are friends of people who registered for the beta.

Once DST goes live, you're talking about thousands of people who got don't starve even years ago coming back and playing online.

Your odds of getting a griefer increase astronomically, and then your hard work is gone.

Wickerbottom needs to find a minimal number of materals before she can burn and deconstruct all your hard work.

It isn't a question of if it will happen, but when.

The community will never be more experienced or cooperative than it is right now.

My hard work will not be gone, as I can turn the server off without saving to wipe all grief attempts after banning the player.

Wickerbottom needs no more materials than anyone else.

This community is a good community and I am not worried about bad eggs.

I have played a little with my friends on a passworded server, and it wasn't near as fun as when we started letting other people join.

I have no reason to believe that public servers are any less valid than private servers.

This format of yours loves new lines.

My hard work will not be gone, as I can turn the server off without saving to wipe all grief attempts after banning the player.

Wickerbottom needs no more materials than anyone else.

This community is a good community and I am not worried about bad eggs.

I have played a little with my friends on a passworded server, and it wasn't near as fun as when we started letting other people join.

I have no reason to believe that public servers are any less valid than private servers.

This format of yours loves new lines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you're having fun with it.

Temporary servers (lasting hours to days) will be fine with strangers.

Persistent servers (lasting days to months) will suffer once DST is live.

The community is nice, but live will make DST play a lot like rust. It's going to be a mess.

It's not that playing with strangers on a persistent server isn't valid, but most people who do it will be frustrated with the frequent griefing, or be kicking people so their friends can get on, neither of which is ideal.

It'll be a different story once servers support more players, and have more options (such as making things indestructible) and my mind reels at the amazing possibilities for scenario-based play.

For example, set up a server as half webber players, half anyone else. Encourage webber players to rapidly and aggressively expand their spider nests. Watch the natural conflict unfold, with multiple spider armies coming down on surprised players.

You might have the time and manage saves to manage a server despite an influx of trolls and griefers, but most people won't.

As far as my line style, it's to break up big lumps of text for readability.

Archived