[General] - New chat characters don't display as expected

rezecib

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Issue Title: New chat characters don't display as expected
Issue Description: All the new characters display in the chat log, but they don't show up in the talker text over players' heads.

Percent signs are not showing up in either place, and bind with characters afterwards to produce substituted strings. I'm guessing there's a sprintf/gsub type thing somewhere that's eating them, as you can get different results from %s, %d, %f, etc., that look like strings, digits, and floats, respectively.
Steps to Reproduce: Make a server or join one.

Type new characters in chat -- "h~e^l#l:o", and observe the same string in chat and "h e l l o" above your head.

Type "%s - %d - %f" and see something like "L1ò - 0 - 0.000000".

Edit: I missed the part of the patch notes that reported the characters not showing up overhead. Shame on me x_x

Please read all bugfixes.

Changes
  • Added report server option
  • Added UI that displays your average in-game ping
  • Added server description to the server detail panel
  • Made the Chat Queue display when the chat input screen is open

Bug Fixes
  • Enable all characters for chat  ;) (though not all characters will show above the player's head)
  • Added Chess Pieces option back in
  • Fix the Bishop being invisible
  • Torches and Willow’s lighter properly set combat targets on fire instead of yourself
  • Fix a bug where resurrecting from a touchstone broke sanity
  • Combat support for boomerangs and blow darts
  • Fix event announcer crash due to a player killing another player
  • Sort “???” pings to the bottom of the list
  • Fix occasional crashes on the server browser screen due to an empty server list
  • Fix a crash when attacking a target that has just been trapped

Edit:  %s was not mentioned in the patch notes and should not be behaving as it currently is. 

Archived