[Gameplay] - Lureplant spawns

_Q_

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Lureplant spawns

Issue Description: I was playing on a server with other person, after some days passed lureplant spawned 2 steps away from me, soon after that next one spawned few steps away. When they spawn like that they are easy to kill as they don't have time to spawn eyeplants.

Steps to Reproduce: 1.Play long enough for lureplants to start spawning.

They have done this to me in ROG as well though. I think since they spawn in high traffic areas, a base with players running around is a hotspot.

This is correct. It's not as much of a bug as it's just a gameplay mechanic in need of some tweaking, similar to the koalephant spawning.

I believe some of the spawn rates had been turned up a bit to accommodate for the multiple people.

Lure plants have a tendency to spawn in "random" locations where you have traveled.

So, say you were traveling to a spider den and camped around there for a night when the spawn of the lure plants are supposed to occur. It will have spawned in the general vicinity of your location so when you do discover it, it's suddenly there.

Now with loads of people in small areas, the Lure plants spawn by bases and such because people are usually running to and from base at constant rates. With this, it causes the plants to make a constant spawn point somewhere in your vicinity.

Archived