Name Tags Above Our "Mirrors"

While playing with two people who are both Wilson (Yay Wilson!), it would be nice if they had little hovering name tags so I could tell the two apart. I found myself trying to instruct the wrong Wilson every now and then, and the straw hat that one of them wore wasn't enough sometimes. I know I can hover over them, but this would be a pretty nice convenience to have. I would suggest fun cosmetics, but since the straw hat didn't help me much, I think worthless cosmetics would only confuse players.

If you can't tell the difference between a wilson with a hat on, and one without, then you'd have the same problem with non-mirror characters.

Not exactly. I can remember the player names and their characters, I just keep mixing up the mirror characters. Also, they can't wear the same hat all the time.

• Developer

While playing with two people who are both Wilson (Yay Wilson!), it would be nice if they had little hovering name tags so I could tell the two apart. I found myself trying to instruct the wrong Wilson every now and then, and the straw hat that one of them wore wasn't enough sometimes. I know I can hover over them, but this would be a pretty nice convenience to have. I would suggest fun cosmetics, but since the straw hat didn't help me much, I think worthless cosmetics would only confuse players.

Yeah, I intend to add a feature that shows the player's name when you hover on the player indicators. For now, the way to tell is that each player indicator has a colored border that matches the color of that player's chat text.

Archived