Anyone know how to open/convert pre cave update .tex files?

Cyde042

I made already a similar thread and sadly got no response. The only person I know that was able to open them (IndieNerd from the wiki) is long time not active and I know of no way to contact him. In my case I want to make use of unimplemented character animations and items. I tried downloading older releases and replacing/renaming the animations and I ended up either with the same animations (for some reason) or invisible animations. I hate to be that guy but this has been a complete mystery to me before and after Matt's tools. I also read about some kind of converter which I can't find.

Also, I tried using the animation with the mod system and it didn't work out well.

And yes, I know the U&A mod team have winnie, but want to get my hands on wortox's animations as well and it seemed to me they've done the animations from scratch cause it doesn't have the smooth edges (or maybe because of a faulty converter). So... anyone have any ideas?

I made already a similar thread and sadly got no response. The only person I know that was able to open them (IndieNerd from the wiki) is long time not active and I know of no way to contact him. In my case I want to make use of unimplemented character animations and items. I tried downloading older releases and replacing/renaming the animations and I ended up either with the same animations (for some reason) or invisible animations. I hate to be that guy but this has been a complete mystery to me before and after Matt's tools. I also read about some kind of converter which I can't find.

Also, I tried using the animation with the mod system and it didn't work out well.

And yes, I know the U&A mod team have winnie, but want to get my hands on wortox's animations as well and it seemed to me they've done the animations from scratch cause it doesn't have the smooth edges (or maybe because of a faulty converter). So... anyone have any ideas?

Try with old version of Tex Tool, one of the should work for sure.

Files below.

Tex Tools Old.zip

Archived