Games get slower and slower the longer I play a level

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Possible Memory Leak - asking for confirmation if issue is valid

Issue Description: Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing frame drops and instability when the client is kept running for more than two hours straight? I notice my computer begins to chug and sweat, with noticeable frame drops and reduced movement speed, after playing the game for a long enough period.

Or, is this just me?

The game runs smooth and fine when I first start it up.

I have an i5 processor, 8gb ram, and no other notable applications running (Well, 5-8 chrome tabs almost always open, but I can do that while playing Dwarf Fortress, so it shouldn't be a problem).

This is usually indicative of a memory leak or an issue where resources aren't being destroyed after creation.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Play the game for at least 1.5 hours straight

2. Experience significant slow down, especially when alarm levels reach high

• Developer

We're aware that running the game over a period of time can introduce some slowdown.  It'll be an ongoing battle (likely spanning the next few updates), but our ultimate goal is of course to prevent this from happening.

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Games get slower and slower the longer i play a level

Issue Description: My game gets slower and slower the longer I play a level. Like right now, I'm on a level 6 alarm in a "CODENAME INSOMNIAC" mission (that I'm most likely going to fail^^), and the game is so slow that there is like 1 or 2 second between each movement of an agent. But when I start a mission, the performance are fine!

My specs:

AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.90 GHz

4 Go RAM

Radeon HD 5770

Steps to Reproduce: Play a long level

Just to add in my case, it doesn't really have to be long "in time", it's just long in "turns"

I was basically loading a mission and having one of the akuma drones mass killing all the guards that's spawning, and see how far the game will go in respond to spawning the game, and it only takes a few turns before the effect is obvious

PS: yeah, I used an exploit of having an emptied drone blocking the door way XD

Archived