Cannot get the volt zapper to work

Sorry but I do not remember exactly what it's called but it's an electrical stun gun that I assume works like the standard zapper but from further away. I cannot get it to work. I tried both aiming it like a regular gun and getting behind a guard to operate it like the zapper but never got a "use" icon or a crosshair. I had to sell it. What am I missing here, please?

If it's the volt tazer, it's still a melee weapon. If you're not getting any icon that indicates you can KO a guard even within melee range, maybe you didn't have enough armor penetration for the target in question? Possibly not enough power to use it?

I am assuming he kept the standart distruptor aswell, so he had the button but didn't think anything of it. That's atleast what I would assume in this situation.

I am assuming he kept the standart distruptor aswell, so he had the button but didn't think anything of it. That's atleast what I would assume in this situation.

Yeah it could be. I know when you just use the prompts the game gives you when behind a guard, if you have a second tazer in your inventory you have to manually select it to get it to work.

Archived