I finally beat it!

Oh my gosh that was so stressful. I got lucky to have gotten the energy pistol and the upgrade that allows you to kill people without triggering the alarm but still. I had to dance around a drone because I had nothing to hurt it. Maaaaaaaaan that was rewarding.

I was pretty much done but on my first attempt I found a bug that has to do with agents opening a door with a shock trap on it. It crashed my save when I tried to reload. I tried it again and got really close again but my game randomly crashed after hacking a drone. Now I have tried it for a third time and it's not going nearly as well. I am not a happy operator :(

I finally won, and on Normal to boot, just a few minutes ago. Whew.

Just in time for the Update!

Lessons learned:

1) Don't be afraid to kill. If a guard is annoyingly patrolling in a critical area you need to go through early on, take the +2 alert and put a bullet in his brain (of lure him into a laser trap, or in front of a turret, etc.) Dead men don't get up and start looking for you. Weigh that +2 alert vs. an agent sitting on his unconscious body for the rest of the mission vs. letting him wake up in X turns; often the former will outweigh the latter two options. And

2) Come well prepared for drones in the final mission (guns with bullets, EMP, and Shock Trap).

Huh, I kill guards as often as I can. I don't see any downside to it. If I'm already at alarm 2 or 3, it's only 1 guard each level and 2 at the last one, so I could theoretically kill three guards before another one spawns, with the spawns eventually stopping. I see no downside to killing if you're already geared up and don't need much money, besides ammo costs.

And I only kill with drones and lasers, so ammo costs aren't a problem.

Archived