Which Guards move first is invaluable knowledge.

I think there would be a lot more strategy involved if the order in which the guards move could be made clear to the player (whether by paying PWR or buying an augment/incognita ability. I'm consantly running into this situation;

I put an Agent on reaction KO, trying to protect the prisoner on a detention facility mission. 2 guards headed right for me (Who were previously patrolling/stationary). I'll have my second Agent's Neural Disrupter coming off of cooldown next turn (because I had to take out the Captain guarding the prisoner). So the other guard ends up moving first and spotting Banks, followed by the second guard running in; She auto-KOs the second one, and that counts as an action so she gets a bullet in the ear, courtesy of the first.

It keeps happening on early missions so I can't revive. Does KOing the Captain automatically draw guards? I'm not killing him, so I don't know why it would. And Detention facilities are tough as it is if you have to drag that bearded orange guy to the elevator. He's painfully slow.

Yes, KOing the captain automatically draws guard (you'll hear: "reinforcements incoming" or something like that during guards' turn). I do agree there are times where knowing the movement order of guard is desirable knowledge. I had situation where one guard was standard, and the other had armor. I had two agents, but only one AP teaser. Suffices to say that planning a double KO - or any attack - is a bit of a gamble in such situation.

Personally I would love an augment that tells you which guard is going to investigate which area. I hate seeing that someone will come into a room, guard a door, only to find a different guard entering a different door and tagging us.

Ahh, got that one a few times. You should put this in Suggestions/Feedback! 

Archived