Experience strategy for new updates that possibly require more EXP.

So, I had a thought.  Keep a save slot for either a pretty much completed run, to end a story mode or endless run after updates where your EXP was previously capped but might not be after an update & you want to experiment with the new tools/agents without having to do a full run first.

Hope the idea helps, I tend to finish most of my story modes and keep an Endless save, so I have 2-3 open saves usually.

So, I had a thought.  Keep a save slot for either a pretty much completed run, to end a story mode or endless run after updates where your EXP was previously capped but might not be after an update & you want to experiment with the new tools/agents without having to do a full run first.

Hope the idea helps, I tend to finish most of my story modes and keep an Endless save, so I have 2-3 open saves usually.

Actually doing something very similar to this with my first save slot (not worth hunting and linking my post somewhere where I mentioned it, but I did.)  

I'm pretty new around here so forgive me if this sounds dumb, but won't new builds break old saves? I just assumed that was the case.

They very well may, but they may not, and hoarding before patches has been a strategy of mine in many games.  It's allowed me to see content sooner sometimes, and in this case, if you're maxed on exp, why not keep a slot close to finished in case you want to tinker with new toys faster (if they require exp). Just a thought, not necessarily a good one :D

Archived