Suggestion - Ghostonomicon

Just a thought after reading about the early ghost mechanics. Wickerbottom should have a book available to revive all player ghosts in a large radius. A tell-tale heart would presumably be an ingredient. Creepynomicon would also be a good name for it.

Also, ghosts should be able to remain undead indefinitely (without losing ghostly essence or whatever) if they hang out close to Wendy.

Just a thought after reading about the early ghost mechanics. Wickerbottom should have a book available to revive all player ghosts in a large radius. A tell-tale heart would presumably be an ingredient. Creepynomicon would also be a good name for it.

Also, ghosts should be able to remain undead indefinitely (without losing ghostly essence or whatever) if they hang out close to Wendy.

You didn't mention any drawbacks or downsides to the ghostonomicon,so its already OP.(Also the telltale heart is really all we need)Secondly,retaining your life bar by standing still near somebody isn't the point of the ghost form and it's OP as well.

You didn't mention any drawbacks or downsides to the ghostonomicon,so its already OP.(Also the telltale heart is really all we need)Secondly,retaining your life bar by standing still near somebody isn't the point of the ghost form and it's OP as well.

Stupid textcode..

You didn't mention any drawbacks or downsides to the ghostonomicon,so its already OP.

Eh, the heart has an existing drawback and I presume, like other books, it would hit Wickerbottom's sanity, require materials, and possibly need a magic research machine. I doubt it needs much counterbalance--it's not advantageous to Wickerbottom's character per se, although it might make her more popular to help out others. It also has the potential of ressing an opponent in PVP-enabled play.

At any rate, without a full picture of the expansion there's no way to meaningfully offer a balanced mechanic. If Klie thinks it's a useful or fun idea, I suspect they can figure it out--they're pretty sharp. At worst, though, it would be trivial to balance. Maybe they add a life-giving amulet to the ingredients, maybe multiple hearts. I dunno.

Secondly,retaining your life bar by standing still near somebody isn't the point of the ghost form and it's OP as well.

You're stretching there. Unless Wendy is prepared to stand still you'd have to keep up. There are other ways being added to extend ghostly time. I can't imagine how it's overpowered, rather than just a kind of funny and unique trait.

Archived